New DC5R owner to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DC5R owner to be

Hi, I'm from Singapore and I will be heading down to Brisbane next month for studies in QUT. I will be purchasing a DC5R the moment i touchdown. Any idea where can I source around for DC5Rs? I'm also driving a Honda-FD1 back here in Singapore. Please kindly advice on how strict is the modification rules over there in QLD? Any recommandation for good mechanics or workshop in QLD state that have reasonable price? I am sourcing around for JDM DC5R Brembos or Alcon BBK here to bring along with me to QLD and I hope that is legal as well. Cheers to the DC5R family here.

God daymn. Welcome!

Anyhow if you are looking to buy a dc5r try carsales.com.au.

May also be able to see it on the for sale threads here on this forum! As for mechanics in Brisbane will have to let others touch on that since I am in Melbourne.

If you can source an entire brembo set up that would be cool! It is perfectly legal so no sweat there!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Welcome Harataiki!

Some laws are stupid here but many mods are legal, each state has different laws so best to look at the QLD motor registry if you are stressed.

Good luck on your hunt mate.
      Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Welcome man! How much would it cost you to buy dc5r brembos over there? Do group buy hehe
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
          Welcome man! How much would it cost you to buy dc5r brembos over there? Do group buy hehe
          You will be surprised of how cheap it can be bought in Malaysia. Full set shouldn't cost anything more than $800AUD. And many cars here in Singapore had changed their brakes to taiwanese brand BBK such as Espec Racing, VTTR, JBT and such. It merely cost $1k AUD for a new 4 pot with ssbh and $1.2k AUD for 6pot BBK.
          And lots of Fd2R here changed their BBK to AP racing/Alcon/Endless/Spoon/J's racing and let go of their Brembo at cheap prices. But I'm not sure if that could fit into the DC5R.

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
            God daymn. Welcome!

Anyhow if you are looking to buy a dc5r try carsales.com.au.

May also be able to see it on the for sale threads here on this forum! As for mechanics in Brisbane will have to let others touch on that since I am in Melbourne.

If you can source an entire brembo set up that would be cool! It is perfectly legal so no sweat there!
            I looked through carsales.au but the DC5Rs over in QLD isn't that attractive as compared to other state. Will it be a real hassle to buy the car from other states like NSW? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
              Welcome Harataiki!

Some laws are stupid here but many mods are legal, each state has different laws so best to look at the QLD motor registry if you are stressed.

Good luck on your hunt mate.
              Thanks for the welcome. As Singapore is really strict on performance modification, thus, I am worried if QLD have similar regulations too. Yes, I will definitely look through the regulations before letting the poison kicks in. cheers!

Comment

I am unable to view the sales thread in the forum. May I know the reason? Anyone? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Harataiki View Post
                  I looked through carsales.au but the DC5Rs over in QLD isn't that attractive as compared to other state. Will it be a real hassle to buy the car from other states like NSW? Thanks
                  wont be a hassel to buy from different states, just costs approx $600 to get the car freighted to your suburb.
                  as for viewing the for sale thread, you have a wait a few days after you sign up.

Comment

Working...
                  X