Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Looking at buying a Type R!

Hi guys,

Recently I've been contemplating getting a Type R, in particular a DC2R.

Having had a browse through carsales, there a few that have caught my eye.

Most have around 150,000+kms on them. Are these high kays a concern if serviced regularly??

On the flip side, I did notice that EP3R can be had for similar money with half the kays as DC2's.

Is there much difference between the 2 cars apart from the obvious K20 vs B18 etc etc.

Would like to hear some thoughts/opinions/tips hahaha.

- T

Hey mate,

To be honest, the K's don't matter too much, keep in mind that you are talking about 20 year old motor. I get worried when I see a DC2R with very few kilometers - cars that get left just sitting around for long periods scare me.

As long as the car has been looked after, there is no reason it shouldn't last another 100k kms.

There are huge differences between a DC2 and an EP3 - apart from the glaringly different chassis, you have a different motor, different dynamics and what have you.

Why don't you go drive both and choose the one that excites you more?

Keep in mind, this is all just my bullshit opinion.
    Last edited by DaRKNT; 16-04-13, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Sometimes ep3's can have the same amount of km's as a dc2 as they're wound back by the importers to like 60k km's. the important thing to look for is that if the car has been looked after and by that I mean regularly serviced, interior/exterior maintained etc. Good luck on your hunt
      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Yeah one of the reasons i'm not convinced on an ep3.

i'm going to have a look at a few dc2's this weekend, so hopefully i find one i like!

Comment

Welcome! Knowing where you are based might help potential sellers!

Comment

HAH, im in S.E. Melbourne!!

I can't see the classifieds section so I don't even know whats for sale on here!

Comment

You'll get there T

Welcome to CITR.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!!

hopefully it opens up before i miss out on some good cars if there are any on here!!

Comment

so i went to look at a dc2r today! think i'm in love!!

hopefully will have one in the garage before too long!!

Comment

Good choice
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

The condition of any 2nd hard car, especially a DC2R varies so greatly, thus reflecting the price/condition. I'd rather buy one from a one owner that has looked after it, its whole life then a cheapie thats been mistreated by numerous youngsters over its life. Have seen them sell for around 11.5k but you should be looking in the 15k range minimum I think.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        The condition of any 2nd hard car, especially a DC2R varies so greatly, thus reflecting the price/condition. I'd rather buy one from a one owner that has looked after it, its whole life then a cheapie thats been mistreated by numerous youngsters over its life. Have seen them sell for around 11.5k but you should be looking in the 15k range minimum I think.
                        Couldnt agree more!

I had a look at one today, 2nd owner, full Honda service history. cleanest one yet!

Comment

Welcome to Club ITR mate

Comment

Working...
                          X