Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey thur ClubITR, fresh new VBP DC5S checkin in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey thur ClubITR, fresh new VBP DC5S checkin in.

Hey guys (and gals for that matter), signed up to see great examples of Hondas along with learning a few things about general and tasteful mods down the track.

Here's my story..

I was so excited when I bought my 06 VBP Type S a while back, late November 2012 with 105,000kms on the clock. I couldn't wait to drive it all week, with the financing being finalized over two-odd days. Ironically, I couldn't drive it that much due to a shoulder injury from training - which happened the day before I received the car!

The week that I had recovered, which was around new years, I drove it one night and got pulled over for a breath test. Figuring since I'm on my Green P's it was a normal occurance, was only pulled over once before while on reds and I wasn't worried anway, since I haven't drank in years. After the test proved ineffective, they asked me to open the hood for a "safety inspection". First thing they noticed was the open pod sitting right in the open, screaming "Defect me!". Following that, I had to revert to OEM air intake - luckily got away with only a warning. It's a shame, since my car shouldn't attract attention in the first place being stock...

Since the car was bought used from a dealership, the previous owner didn't provide the OEM intake, nor did they provide log books for that matter. I had thoroughly checked the history and questioned the Dealer for previous accidents, to which were all denied. I bit the bullet and bought it. I had always wanted a DC5 and this was my chance.

I ended up having to go wreckers in search for the OEM intake, to which I found another VBP DC5S being taken apart. Luckily, intake still intact since they're apparently sought after due to defects.

Ahwell, have to live with stock air filter for now. No big deal, really.

First up, here's how my car currently looks like; (pics are about 2 months old though)

Now, I don't have that much $$ to spend on BIG modifications since I'm actually financing the car however I'm planning to gradually turn it into a simple, clean example of a nice DC5S.

Short term mods/goals include, but are not limited to;
    - Number plate relocation (it looks ugly being left there on the lip)
    - Possible stock rim respray to GM Grey
    - Possible typeR wing

Thank you for reading my introduction, and hope to see some of you at a meet one day!

Welcome mate! Clean example of a type S you have there
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Haha thanks bud, appreciate it! Looks like I don't have to mod it at all then, that is until the mod bug bites harder than VTEC.. :P

Comment

Welcome man! I really love the DC5 in VBP. Late congrats on the purchase
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Welcome mate, nice choice of car there, where abouts in nsw are you located?
          If in Sydney you should get along to some meets and get to know all the nice guys on here
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Hmmmm... Would you happen to know Wendy Huynh by any chance? Or do I have the wrong VBP DC5S? =P

Damn you, now my vbp will have to compete with yours =[.

Comment

Nice DC5S! Welcome to CITR
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                Welcome man! I really love the DC5 in VBP. Late congrats on the purchase
                Thanks bro, gotta say I'm mirin your CW DC5 - really stands out!

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                Welcome mate, nice choice of car there, where abouts in nsw are you located?
                If in Sydney you should get along to some meets and get to know all the nice guys on here
                Yeah I'm from Sydney, usually stay around Liverpool area close to meetups at Orange Grove.
                Looking forward to a meet soon enough

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                Hmmmm... Would you happen to know Wendy Huynh by any chance? Or do I have the wrong VBP DC5S? =P

Damn you, now my vbp will have to compete with yours =[.
                Haha nope, previous owner was an asian female according to the Dealership so someone that might be related to her?

We're all in our own league brah, not competing with anyone here..

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Nice DC5S! Welcome to CITR
                Thanks felix!

Comment

Working...
                X