Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Honda is best for road rego'd track car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Honda is best for road rego'd track car?

Hi All,

My name is Rod, and I am seriously considering getting into a honda as a road registered track car. After mucking around with WRX's for a couple of years, I like the appeal of a fast, fun and reliable track/road car.

Keen to hear people's thoughts about what would be best?

The DC2R Integra Type R sound like a great thing. I have also seen a few modded earlier modded civics with the B18C7 motor that look to be a great starting point. What model would you get with a $10-12k budget ??

Cheers,

Rod

10-12 you're looking at a vti-r civic EK. Good B series engine. Good track project as well. Cheap to keep as a daily and parts aren't hugely expensive.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

98+ VTiR Integra

just add B20VTEC
      ... retired/

Comment

U can get dc2r for 12G.. And they are the rawest type R!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Type R would be my choice
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Re: Which Honda is best for road rego'd track car?

DC2R + K24 = win

Comment

It depends what you want to achieve right? There's an EG running around with a B16 engine and he does pretty quick times around Wakefield...drives it to the limit. I've got a DC2R but run pretty cruisey times by comparison.

Is it going to stay registered just so you can drive to the track and mechanics, or will it also be a daily driver? Do you want to mod it out or keep it reasonably comfortable because it's your only car, etc etc?

Comment

Also depends on how much you want to spend on it

Maybe stretch the budget and find a K-swap equipped car?
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  DC2R + K24 = win
                  is that legal without engineering certificate?
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    is that legal without engineering certificate?
                    isn't a b20 in the same boat!
                    sigpic
                    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

200cc displacement increase vs 600cc increase... so no not really...

For more info re replacement engines and capacity increases read: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...s_nov_2007.pdf
                      Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        isn't a b20 in the same boat!
                        no.

it is not - as berty said 1834cc to 1974cc is well within the 15% allowable increase in capacity, plus it requires no modifications to any mounts/exhaust/intake/fuel system etc etc...

regardless - a K-swap is gonna take up most of the 10-12k budget anyways...
                        Last edited by tinkerbell; 12-02-13, 07:37 AM.
                        ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                        X