Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronson11 - New to the Forum

Hello ClubITR,

My names Nathan, and I'm from Melbourne!

I can’t start this introduction thread without a special mention to my first car, a silver 1994 Honda Prelude Si 4WS. I can absolutely recommend this car to anyone who is looking at a Prelude for their first car.

I had always been a big fan of Honda and the Prelude was at the top of my wish list. My parents bought this car for me for my 18th birthday after some serious prompting!!

Unfortunately, the ‘lude and I only had 3 years together before the insurance company and nature conspired during the massive hail storm at Christmas 2011. Between them it was declared a write off over a few small dents. This left me with small insurance payout and a big decision… What would I purchase next?

I wanted to stay within the Honda family, so I had a look at some Civics and some CR-Xs before deciding on an Integra. Then came more research and discussion as to what year and model. Oh I should mention I was a cash strapped uni studen!!

So the VTi-R was the obvious choice, Great car stock and I felt I could do my mods without feeling like a vandal - (IMO, the R is iconic so even the most tasteful of mods would be devaluing).

After some serious carsales searches I found the car I was looking for, Unforunately it was located in Canberra.
    After a doing all the necessary research and checks to make sure it was in the condition advertised I organised to fly up and drive it home!

1999 Honda Integra VTi-R with Manual Transmission

Existing Mods
    •Recaro racing seats
    •HID kit
    •T1R Exhaust Manifold.
    •Genuine Mugen Twin Loop cat-back Exhaust.
    •KONI Yellow Sports Suspension, matched with Integra Type R coil springs.
    •Rear sway bar with Beaks sub-frame reinforcement kit.
    •INJEN Cold Air Intake System.

Also had the original seats, springs and air box thrown in with the sale for good measure.

Comment

Welcome Nathan!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Re: Bronson11 - New to the Forum

Welcome! Time to start hitting the track, looking forward to seeing the next big update.

Comment

Welcome Nathan, your DC2 looks great, look forward to seeing it out at meets and the track.

Comment

Welcome Nathan!!
            Shak's S2000

Comment

I think it's time to post some non carsales pictures!! haha

Cheeky road-trip photo on my way home - Outside the (now closed down) Ettamogah Pub

Forgive the iphone pictures! I'll have to organise some nice photos with a quality camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                Welcome Nathan!!
                Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Welcome Nathan, your DC2 looks great, look forward to seeing it out at meets and the track.
                Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                Welcome! Time to start hitting the track, looking forward to seeing the next big update.
                Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Welcome Nathan!
                Thanks for making me feel welcome
                There will be a big update over the next few days

Comment

WELCOME! I like how you joined on the 12-12-12. Shouldve went for 12:12pm time wise too :P
                  Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Nice looking integra dude. heaps clean. keep it that way!!

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                      WELCOME! I like how you joined on the 12-12-12. Shouldve went for 12:12pm time wise too :P
                      Fortunate timing :P!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb20a View Post
                        Nice looking integra dude. heaps clean. keep it that way!!
                        Cheers mate! I plan on keeping the clean look

Comment

I suppose I should start considering a build thread!!!

Comment

let me know if you need a stereo installed bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb20a View Post
                              let me know if you need a stereo installed bud.
                              Cheers mate, I was able to install the head-unit + speakers myself... Just had a question regarding running new speaker wire through the front doors on a dc2.
                              Is there a safer way to do this without drilling through the molex plug?

Comment

Working...
                              X