• Time
  • Show
Clear All

new crew member

name: jesse pitman (pitman)

ride: 2002 Integra Type R
    colour: milano red

mods
    pioneer sub, kicker amp, jvc head unit, an unknown brand amp.

car is currently in the shop getting an engine rebuild due to a spun bearing. should have it back in the next few days. all the parts are being replaced with top end branded parts (bottom end was damaged top end was fine) shall have a list of parts when i get parts back.
    i would appreciate any comments and advice for DC5's as i would like to learn about their good and bad parts. and any good mods to do them.

glad to be a member

Welcome Jesse!

Make sure you start a build thread too
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

cheers mate. yeah will do i just gotta find my way around on here. havent had much experience with forms and stuff

Comment

Welcome!

Planning on making it a track car? Or just a street car?

Comment

Welcome mate, bring it down to the ClubITR Annual Cruise!

Comment

cheers street car im going to have it for a few years to come so i can have lots of fun. the plan is to get it up to about 180+ kw

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
              Welcome mate, bring it down to the ClubITR Annual Cruise!
              we will see how my money goes

Comment

Originally posted by pitmaninja View Post
                cheers street car im going to have it for a few years to come so i can have lots of fun. the plan is to get it up to about 180+ kw
                ATW or Fly ? If fly, easy i/h/e + tune If ATW, then your looking at K20/K24 frank Something to work on slowly ...

Comment

Welcome
                  CLEMENTE

Comment

Welcome! Nice choice in car and picking the fastest colour.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                      ATW or Fly ? If fly, easy i/h/e + tune If ATW, then your looking at K20/K24 frank Something to work on slowly ...
                      my car already has the K20A in it but yeah its going to be a slow one

Comment

welcome

how did u spin a bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                          welcome

how did u spin a bearing?
                          for a week or 2 i noticed a lack of power from 6000-8000 so about 2 months ago i held it around 6000 on the way home one night and a very loud rattlings started to happen. so i put it in 6th gear and basically did 60kmph for about 5 km to my house. looked over the car to find a source of it but nothing so i checked the oil. next to no oil in it and to my surprise it took a whole 5 liter bottle of oil to fill it back up (in the effort in hoping that it would go away the next morning but it didnt)

the thing is about this is that i checked the oil about 3 weeks before it happened and it had heaps and i only had a service about 6 months ago. so my dad and i think its a bit suspicious as there was no leaks found while the engine was being taken out. i think some was trying to be an ass and decided to drain my oil. But regardless im going to have a better engine with higher quality parts now

Comment

Originally posted by pitmaninja View Post
                            for a week or 2 i noticed a lack of power from 6000-8000 so about 2 months ago i held it around 6000 on the way home one night and a very loud rattlings started to happen. so i put it in 6th gear and basically did 60kmph for about 5 km to my house. looked over the car to find a source of it but nothing so i checked the oil. next to no oil in it and to my surprise it took a whole 5 liter bottle of oil to fill it back up (in the effort in hoping that it would go away the next morning but it didnt)

the thing is about this is that i checked the oil about 3 weeks before it happened and it had heaps and i only had a service about 6 months ago. so my dad and i think its a bit suspicious as there was no leaks found while the engine was being taken out. i think some was trying to be an ass and decided to drain my oil. But regardless im going to have a better engine with higher quality parts now
                            That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard. How much is it all up?

Gl with the new engine man

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                              That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard. How much is it all up?

Gl with the new engine man
                              if thats fucked up as in bad then yes. i live in a bogan area so to speak........ ummm not 100% sure how much. i "should" have her back by the end of the week along with the bill...... but he recons about 4-5g but keep in mind we knew exactly what was wrong with it it still had to be machined, a much higher quality parts are going into it (heavy duty clutch included) and labor.
                              and for the engine i wanted (jap import) i found some for like 7000 so yer

Comment

Working...
                              X