No announcement yet.

Hi new here with a DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would first find a tuner in your area and see what ecu they're comfortable tuning with. Haltech is good but not as many tuners around with it for dc5's, compared with hondata kpro

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
      I would first find a tuner in your area and see what ecu they're comfortable tuning with. Haltech is good but not as many tuners around with it for dc5's, compared with hondata kpro
      Yeah I have heard that more people are familiar with tuning kpro. Revzone in Melbourne stock both haltech and Hondata and tune both. Probably best for me to ask them, but never had experience with those guys before.
      My Dc5s thread

Comment

those bronze ssr's looks great against the blue

tastefully modified type s!

Comment

Originally posted by luxury_lowrider View Post
          those bronze ssr's looks great against the blue

tastefully modified type s!
          Cheers mate!!! I think so to. This offset is no longer in production so I got in there just in time. Next mod in the pipeline will be an exedy HD clutch and JDM type R flywheel. My current clutch is making a clicking sound when engaging slowly. I believe it might be the clutch master cylinder..

Also I was wondering if anyone is using the J's Racing direct clutch line?? Does it make a difference at all?
          My Dc5s thread

Comment

Nice DC5s.. sexy wheels aswell

Comment

Originally posted by tiger16 View Post
              Nice DC5s.. sexy wheels aswell
              Thanks mate!

Out of interest I put the stock wheels (17x7 with 215/45/17 tyres) on a pair of scales for comparison and they came in at 20.2kg each compared to SSR (17x8 with 235/40/17) at 17.5kg each.

Better looking, increased width and significantly lighter.. win, win, win. hehe

My Dc5s thread

Comment

Car is looking good mate.
                sigpic

Comment

Spotted you today on the way home! Looking really clean man, nice work.
                  The SSR's are so colourful when the wheels spin.

Sorry, I was spewing. I didn't have my Go Pro on, otherwise I would have taken some mad shots of the car! Next time I run into you eh?

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                    Spotted you today on the way home! Looking really clean man, nice work.
                    The SSR's are so colourful when the wheels spin.

Sorry, I was spewing. I didn't have my Go Pro on, otherwise I would have taken some mad shots of the car! Next time I run into you eh?
                    Hey mate haha that's awesome! You didn't happen to be riding a bike were you?

It is a daily driver to work so I'm up and down the Tulla quite a lot. I will try to get out of on-call for work so I can make the next meet which is looking like being on the 1st of December..

Glad to hear they look nice while moving. Been wondering that for a while..
                    My Dc5s thread

Comment

Considering a Kakimoto Regu06&R exhaust for my next mod. Not sure if anybody has fitted this one on this forum yet.

Read its quieter like the Fujitsubo Rm01a but it looks nicer with a pseudo titanium look burnt blue tip which would look mint I reckon. Any opinions?
                      My Dc5s thread

Comment

Where would you source it from? I was interested in that exhaust as well, but I'm not sure if i've seen anyone on here with one.

Oh yeah, and that was me on the bike! Next time I see ya, I'll wave hello

Comment

Where would you source it from? I was interested in that exhaust as well, but I'm not sure if i've seen anyone on here with one.

Oh yeah, and that was me on the bike! Next time I see ya, I'll wave hello
                          I noticed JDM concept started stocking the Kakimoto for other models, so I'm assuming a quick email and can get through them, or also can order internationally from Nengun

Yeah will definitely wave next time and won't drive off like a snob haha
                          My Dc5s thread

Comment

nice car

Comment

How did you go with fixing the radiator issue? Did you also sort out what that clutch popping noise was?

Comment

How did you go with fixing the radiator issue? Did you also sort out what that clutch popping noise was?
                                Hey mate. I'm actually holding off on fixing the radiator at the moment as I have a few flights to book for a holiday to Vietnam/Thailand in April next year.

Me and my dad had a look at it today and we seem to think it will be fixable once the radiator is removed. Once I've paid for my flights I will purchase a Mishimoto radiator and fan combo. The way I see it is if I have to remove it I might as well improve it :P haha
                                My Dc5s thread

Comment

Working...
                                X