Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and packing luggage over from ozhonda =P

So how to start off with? =P you can call me Dee =D

I decided to come here after talking to my other mates who've been into the car scene much longer than i have and much older then myself who have said great things about ClubITR and the people here since some helpful guys here helped one of them put in a jdm b18c into his old black eg, think said something related to BYP aswell but my mind pretty screwed nowadays with soo much uni. Anyways just thought id move over here and gain some extra bits and pieces of knowledge for the sake of it =) any knowledge is good knowledge haha and it would be a good transition from the crowd at ozhonda, not saying they are all... iuno lol but i dont necessarily find them helpful or much of an interesting crowd to discuss stuff with. Ah while im at it might as well mention im also a member of ns.com.

Wells not a honda, but i currently own a 94 model 180sx, blacktop sr20det with 110ks on the clock, original engine and has been maintained properly with some minor engine mods, nothing biggy or interesting though, completely stock look.

-3inch turbo back exhaust
    -drift pod filter and air breather
    -HAD a greddy front mount but guess the guy took it off, kept all the piping their but connected to the stock cute lil side mounted one haha
    -Aftermarket extractors
    -Manual boost controller
    -Recently bought new battery
    -Has boss kit + cheap aftermarket steering wheel (came with the car, really small worn one)
    -Greddy turbo timer
    -nismo short shifter
    -d1 spec oil catch can

and yeh then lil aesthetic things it has would be nismo shiftknob, hks seatbelt covers....*shrugs* so random that one, hks engine oil cap and advan racing replica wheels with yokohama tyres on them, pretty grippy so not bad =)

And before that, yeh my origins lol would be my 93 honda integra Si, was a jap import with the blacktop b18c japspec, was rated 132kw at the fly stock, had it on my Learners for awhile, everything was all good then, old man vtak'n every now and then.... not as good as it looks though, colour was pretty dull, had some sun damage and eventually vtec stopped engaging which i concluded was either ecu related or vtec solenoid. Since i did the cars major service then with new gaskets, belts, seals and engine mounts + all genuine honda fluids i didnt think it was to do with the engine.. but yeh it had alot of little imperfections that kinda cost too much to repair, and when i did have the money, opportunity to swap for the 180sx which costed more at the time came up soo... impulse =P

Pics of my antique rigg:
    it was over 200ks and had nothing done to it, bought as a complete stocker... ended up being a very worn out stocker >.>

well yeah i dont have much pics of it, was really my daily and experimental car then when i was practicing different footworks etc. During the period i always got the chance to drive my mates cars.. which just kept putting me off the teg, handling couldnt match, power neither and im just one of those type of people who doesnt like to start working on something if i know id end up spending less buying for example a dc2r and still perform better then the amount of money id have spent so put that off, especially with p platers around my area all talking up vtak in their vtir's or vti's with sohc or blacktop dohc w.e and putting red honda badges on the cars or red rocker cover and just cheap aesthetic mods or kingsprings to lower the car or make it "look" jdm which personally i dnt see any different from chromies and random spoilers coz i still see it as making the car look like something its not. No offense though to anyone who owns vtir's etc i have seen some pretty nice vtir's before on ozh, its just the people i know of that put me off it.

Lets cut the long intro now coz i doubt most people would read it since i kinda realised i was just ranting on when i was typing. Im on my greens, i cant drive the 180sx legally so ive been trying to get rid of it and put some cash on top and maybe get a dc2r for its handling and aggressive feel, if i were to get a honda again id have to start off with a type r if i were to mod it, driven them before and.. yeh no i cant go back to an ordinary honda. Id prefer not to have my wheels/coilovers/struts/extractors and exhaust cost more then the car i drive =P if i cant find one however ill just find a daily and continue with the footwork so i dont get rusty and hope to pick up a few things from ClubITR while im here, regardless if i dont get a dc2r soon, i will get one or a dc5s later down the track for track =P, love the rawness of a naturally aspirated car, especially the lightweight and responsiveness.

Hopefully i didnt unintentionally offend anyone with my personal views on honda with my intro thread and hope to get along with you all
    "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

Hey dude, welcome to ClubITR, I've browsed a lot of car forums and the fellas here are super helpful.
    I agree with your statement about cars which are made to look like other cars, there's a prelude that drives around near my work with ridiculous chromes, a massive wing, sponsor stickers all over it, VTEC stickers on every bloody panel, red Honda badges and 'Type R' badges on the back and 'Type R' stickers down the side. Funny thing is, this guy could be full legit having a Type R engine in there or something, except I've heard him take off and speed down the road to redline, no VTEC and it's about as slow as a Micra..... each to their own I suppose, I suppose the same thing can be said for Replica wheels, but I don't mind those at all. Everyone draws their line differently.

I've always loved the 180's, they looks ace, even though they're getting on with age, the look still does it for me

Comment

Welcome to ClubITR Dee!

Hope you enjoy your stay
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Haha yeh those specific people really put me off of honda for awhile, well mainly the non type r hondas. Also got put off from going on gumtree before and carsales to look for a daily honda, and theres like vti's with all jdm aesthetics on the exterior and they kept the stock sohc and did nothing to it, some people dont see it but yeh i still reckon its no different then ricing.

I dont mind replica wheels but i do mind people tryna flaunt it around like its so good or something lol, and the 180sx still holds a certain value for me i still love the lines of it and the flip lights. Thanks for the welcome btw Peachy and felixR, will enjoy the stay and the company =)
        "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

Comment

Working...
        X