Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-intro

Gday gday,

A while back (year or so) i made a intro on the basis that i THOUGHT i was going to purchase a DC2. Frequent user and long time friend DC2R8D bought a black dc2r back near 2008, and thoughout the many cruises and late night trips, i fell in love with its redline, the titanic noise it made when the tiny 1.8 started to pump ridiculous amount of air through itself, the driving position lower than your bed and the shape offered by its two door coupe demeanor. I was set to buy one. But life got in the way, with lectures of what car i shouldn't be owning, so i waited patiently.

Its been a few years, and recently me and DC2R8D gave his car a major service, replacing all fluids with a bit of elbow grease and forum DIY.

I fell in love with it again

I orignally was waiting to get myself into a GDB sti, being a suby man, but the money would have to be too far stretched to catch a decent one. I decided it will be the next baby.

So having the financial backing and enthusiasm for a new car, i jumped on a mint year 2000, black, 92,XXXkm DC2R last monday. What can i say, the grin from ear to ear was worth every single penny when i first took 3rd gear at full pelt.

Although, The car needs a bit of work. It came with a ridiculous sound system with a weight penalty i just couldn't stomach, ripped the bitch out. It has quite a ordinary aftermarket exhaust system which just needs to go, and 17 inch cheapies which should be replaced with JDM goodness.

Although i must admit she looks great on such cheapies, and the exhaust did not fail to please my aural senses from 5000-8500rpm in the tunnels of sydney.

I love her, and can see many years of happy motoring with her, that is of course after my 6 month lesson.

I lost my license before a week (idiot!) and she is sitting beautifully in my driveway now . But its the lesson i have to learn, the privilege i have to cater, and when i catch my license again, use her properly at somewhere like Eastern Creek of WF park.

So thats me, ill put a picture or two up soon, but first i have a question...

She was due for a service now, but as of the license she will be sitting idle for 6 months. I was wondering whether to:

A) change the oil now and in 6 months time
    B) Take a risk, leave the current oil, and change it in 6 months time

keep in mind, she will be moving with me to a new home in north sydney soon. So it will be driven for a short trip.

Anyways i'm a friendly guy, i love cars ( especially japanese ones ) and i am willing to learn.

Hope to see you round the forum

Louis
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Good to hear from you again Louis!

Congrats on the purchase
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

thankyou!
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Working...
      X