Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Arvo Sprints @ QR - 15th Nov

Hey Brissy and Gold Coast Peeps,

I'm heading out to QR for the next Wednesday arvo sprints, Heading out with some team ground zero peoples who mostly drive nissans, so it would be good to have some more honda peoples out there to race with.

I will be getting there around 12.30-1pm as sprints start at around 1.30-2 these days.

Entry Form for those interested
    http://queenslandraceway.com.au/entr...ints_entry.pdf

I am hoping to do a 60sec lap around the sprint track, should be achievable, if not i'll just have to steal evan's 255's for a lap or 2
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Anybody willing to lend me some good tyres
    For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Come on peeps anyone else coming? I know evan willbe there, centrax is possibly coming aswell
      NA is BEST

Comment

I'll try and make it, just to watch though.

Comment

I try to ask my fd to come as well
          For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Not a bad day. Rained pretty well around race 3 time, but by the time our group got out there, the race line was dry. Bit of a shame. I like a wet track now and again to sharpen up the reflexes and concentration abit.

Comment

Yeh i was hoping to have a bit of a slide in the wet

Chris had a nice slide into the sand pit at turn 6 on the warm up tho lol, and then nearly slid into the side of my car the next race
              NA is BEST

Comment

I think the timing last Wednesday was a little sus. I rechon recorded lap timing was about a second slow. Maybe I'm dreaming as well! I thought I was in the 59 seconds but I was dreaming. The first four laps on the sprint circuit was 60.91, 60.58, 60.71 and 60.52. Consistant if nothing else.

Comment

Then for the second race meet in row, something went wrong with my car sending the Hondata unit to a default rich setting of 0.78 lambda. Just couldn't be bothered trying to fix the A/F. The car was still going quite reasonable even though I was 12 kph down on speed down the main straight. Did some more adjustment to the suspension since the last meet and the car is handling real nice. Made up for the power shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
                    Yeh i was hoping to have a bit of a slide in the wet

Chris had a nice slide into the sand pit at turn 6 on the warm up tho lol, and then nearly slid into the side of my car the next race
                    Chis' tyres were a little old and hard and he was having some problems keeping it on the track with the level of grip. Makes you a better driver for next time with new tyres.

Comment

Yeh i reckon the timing was a second slow because me and chris certainly were't going slow on the second clubman session but were only doing 65's, was definitely doing 64 or below i believe, i dunno.... I'm in the same boat as you tho.

Going out again today for the Sat Sprint so we'll see how i go.

Also going to morgan park next wednesday for a run, haven't been there yet so should hopefully be a good day
                      NA is BEST

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
                        Yeh i reckon the timing was a second slow because me and chris certainly were't going slow on the second clubman session but were only doing 65's, was definitely doing 64 or below i believe, i dunno.... I'm in the same boat as you tho.

Going out again today for the Sat Sprint so we'll see how i go.

Also going to morgan park next wednesday for a run, haven't been there yet so should hopefully be a good day
                        How did your day at QR go?

Comment

I ran mid 61's all day, only got 2 sessions as i got there late and then a GT40 put a rod through the sump and spilt oil everywhere and 4 cars went off so it took like 45mins to clean up the mess.

The GT3 porsche that was there on wednesday which was doing 57's only managed 59's on saturday (so much hotter on saturday than wed), so if i had of had a decent alignment for the wed sprints i might have cracked the 60 mark.

One more sprint left for the year so i'll see how we go..
                          NA is BEST

Comment

Working...
                          X