• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, 7:30Am then?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

cam licence take about a week to do, but you can get a 1 year wakie license for $50 when you get there

Comment

so i dnt need a cams to go to wakey?

Comment

nope

Comment

awesome, so i guess we will be getting up earlier haha

Comment

OK, so 7:30AM it is meeting at the ctown maccas @ woodbine. I will pm u guys our contact numbers
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

for wakie licence just need to fill up some forms there and pay $50

edit: oops late reading lol

Comment

So, how did your first track go?

Comment

Great! It was wet n dry... Had heaps of fun
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

jealous =/

Comment

so me and alex both had our first taste of track today and although weather could have been better and some people were forced to cancel, it turned out to be a great day for testing and developing our driving skills and suspension setups.

our first 3 sessions were under consistent rain and a wet and muddy track which although being somewhat fun didnt allow us to carry much speed into corners and we found ourselves powersliding the majority of the time through turns 1, 5 and the last corner.

to start the day i had bounce and rebound higher on the rear and found that the car was tail happy and understeered significantly, in order to minimise this i set the front shocks to 26/32 and rears to 22/32 and had the car oversteering slightly which i found much more confidence inspiring and controllable under heavy cornering.

after lunch the track started to dry up somewhat as the sun came out and driving was much more enjoyable as the lap times started to decrease

at the best part of the day the track was mostly dry except for turns 1,5 and our best time at this stage was 1.19.4 which was ok considering this was our first attempt and turns 1 and 5 were still causing havoc to our corner speeds and putting power to the ground exitting.

Overall we had an awesome day, its a shame what happened to Eddie which resulted in him not being able to attend, we would have definately appreciated advice from him and i hope the culprits are caught.

As im posting this i have some shots taken from today uploading and ill try to have them up soon

Comment

Good to hear that you had fun

Turns 1 and 2 are by far my favourite section of the track. Separates the men from the boys

give me a call the next time you guys decide to go, and i'll make time to come along.

Comment

Get them uploaded ASAPSteve!

so yeah.. my thoughts on the day.... rain...

the more sessions we had, the drier it got, and te faster we got. Unlike Setve, i didnt chagne my settings as I already had a stiff setup.

However, after the frist session, i felt like my car jsut felt really weird attacking each corner, decdied to look at my front setup... Foudn out why, the driver side, the stiffenss was correct 14clicks out of 15. but the passenger side was like 2 or 3 clicks out of 15. Made them both 14, and out I went again. next two sessions, the track was getting drier except for a couple hairpins. I was timing myself with my cd player and on my 3rd session i got a 1:17. Fast forward to the last session of the day, Steve convinced my to lessen the stiffness of the rear by 2 clicks, so i was on 12/15. Went out, and for the 7/8 laps i was out there, I didnt feel comfortable at all. Wasnt consistent at all, but o the last session, we decided to time each other, and also got a 1:19 on the last session even thought I wasnt impressed with that session at all.

Must admit, the turn 1 after the kink is a scary one, especialyl when all you see is water so all i was doign was basically garbbing 5th gear and not accelrating through the kink at all. hit 160/170km/h there but was still very scary.

End result, loved the day! I actually liked hwo it was wet to begin, really shows how your car will react differently in the same place with the variable of water put into it!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

some shots from today....
                              maccas meet up

Bp fillup

monster truck > track wheels

Stig maybe??

Comment

moaaar

Comment