2010 NSW Supersprint Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 NSW Supersprint Championship

1st event is January 17th at ORAN PARK - last event EVER!!!!

http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?opt...ents&Itemid=50
    ... retired/

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    1st event is January 17th at ORAN PARK - last event EVER!!!!

http://www.jscc.asn.au/index.php?opt...ents&Itemid=50
    That's funny. I've seen 3 seperate clubs claim they're having the last event ever there.

Comment

fark so early

I doubt if I can make it

btw.. 2010 schedule:

http://www.linknetcomputing.com.au/p...20Calendar.pdf
      Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 04-12-09, 04:25 PM.
      Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
        That's funny. I've seen 3 seperate clubs claim they're having the last event ever there.
        It's the last ever CAMS Supersprint meet there. The final track day is an invite only thing by the old owner.
        Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
        In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

How'd you guys go?

I was hand timing Dave around ~1:24 and the white DC2 (sorry don't know your name) around ~1:22.

I was a little disappointed with the field. Seemed like a lot of people weren't ready for such an early round.

Comment

Black DC2 (107) 1:25.6879
            White DC2 (101) 1:23.5083
            http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...1/2010.ORGP.S1

Why were you disappointed? There were 125 entries...

Comment

You mean fergus, Sam? (black dc2r). Troy is the one in the white dc2r. Their first session was the best when they were dordling around.

Will you make the next round Sam?
              CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
                You mean fergus, Sam? (black dc2r). Troy is the one in the white dc2r. Their first session was the best when they were dordling around.

Will you make the next round Sam?
                Oh, I thought Dave was driving. I only saw the guys real quick before we sat up in the stands in the shade.

I guess I was disappointed with the lack of variety. I wanted to see the grey R35 run but he had issues before he got out there. The red Bel Garage Evo (not the time attack) was running 1:16s which was good to see. I didn't realize how many people own Evos now.

Comment

How'd you guys go?
                  I was hand timing Dave around ~1:24 and the white DC2 (sorry don't know your name) around ~1:22.
                  [/QUOTE]

lol, nah, i was pit crew for the day!

I was a little disappointed with the field. Seemed like a lot of people weren't ready for such an early round.
                  hmmm, not sure what you are getting at here? you saying the quality was low or the quantity was low?

it is a shame we missed you , how long did you stick around?
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

lol, nah, i was pit crew for the day!

hmmm, not sure what you are getting at here? you saying the quality was low or the quantity was low?

it is a shame we missed you , how long did you stick around?
                    We were there until after the session I timed you guys. Neither I guess. Just not the field I was used to seeing. I'm not a massive fan of Evos and clubmans. Some of the old Toranas and Falcons were really cool an the Beetle had amazing straightline speed.

Maybe I was just hoping for a wider range of tin tops. The Japanese car contingent was very Mitsubishi.

Comment

maybe you just weren't there long enough to see all the cars?

i guess the class 4 & SV cars were mostly Nissan and Mitsubishi

but the lower classes (2 & 3) were more dominated by Mazda and Honda... plus a few Toyota & Suzuki + a few Datsun's
                      ... retired/

Comment

Yeah, the NSW State Supersprints aren't using the same combination / formula that you are thinking of.

Supersprints is a grassroot motorsport - the combination of driving, car, mods, etc are all important but the result is less "tuning" or "cool" cars. Eg there's a 60's Toyota Crown with a 1JZGTE and looks ghetto but the driver who is in his 50's or 60's is up in the top end of the competition. Tuning is usually to net better laptimes.

The Superlap/Time Attack formula is centred around JDM and tuning, similar to the Time Attacks in Japan and US. The competition is more about proving how good the tuning/modifications are.

Comment

The red Bel Garage Evo (not the time attack) was running 1:16s which was good to see. I didn't realize how many people own Evos now.
                          Not Bel garage car. Ovi drives that car

There were too many entrants for this round. Waiting around 2hours for a run is crazy

I think they need to slipt up the Green Group soon. There are a few quick car coming through the field
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                            Not Bel garage car. Ovi drives that car

There were too many entrants for this round. Waiting around 2hours for a run is crazy

I think they need to slipt up the Green Group soon. There are a few quick car coming through the field
                            Yeah I just saw the Bel Garage sticker on the side skirt.

I agree. Even my girlfriend noticed how few runs people were getting. We were there for nearly 3 hours and only saw groups run once. The 20 minute break went for 45 minutes.

I'm having second thoughts whether supersprints are the right thing for me. I'd like to investigate Time Attack events being held in Victoria and Queensland too. 3 or 4 time attack events are year might be the better option for what I want to achieve.

The Circuit Club calender looks fantastic too and keeps up the social aspect between race meetings. Twilight meets at EC and two meets at Peats Ridge also.

Comment

That Red Evo only lapped 1:18's. I think you might be confused between the two red evo's.

I think its only because Oran Park is closing so there were more entrants then usual. Other than that, a typical round at the sprints is usually a good day.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X