Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakefield Park 6 Hour regularity - Supersprint cars eligible

Hi Everyone,

Wakefield Park will conduct a new event in 2009 called the Wakefield 6 Hour Regularity. The concept of this event has been very popular in Victoria and SA with oversubscribed grids at the events. The event is being held on the 7th and 8th of March.

The Six Hour Regularity differs from the traditional 6 Hour race in that it is not an outright race and people can compete on a minimum licences of a AASA (Wakefield) Club Licences or CAMS L2S and can be done it street cars, track cars or race cars.

It has been a great way for clubs and groups of racers to team up with mates and have a fun weekend of motorsport.

This year’s Phillip Island event had a full grid of 50 teams and the Winton event this year also had a full grid of around 40 teams. You can check the Natsoft results below to see what type of cars have been running in this event.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...26/10/2008.WIN

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...1/08/2008.PHIL

The Wakefield event will have a grid capacity of 36 teams which would be amazing if NSW could emulate the Victorian events and have a full grid in its first year.

The entry fee is $1,500 which includes up to 6 drivers/6 cars (minimum of 3 drivers/2 cars) a pit lane Garage and timing transmitters for all of the cars in the team.

There are minimum and maximum lap times and competitors must fall between the two for the event so the speed difference is not too great.

Min lap time: 1min 5 sec
    Max lap time: 1min 25 sec

For entry forms, or regulations head to www.wakefieldpark.com.au

I already have 2 teams entered myself, I compete every year in the Winton event and it is so much fun. I look forward to a little friendly rivalry!!

Cheers

Adam

Sounds awesome
    Cant wait to see which teams are interested in participating.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Sounds very good. We will decide Mid-feb. 6 hours race crazY!!! mayb clubitr team?
      Last edited by fatboyz39; 27-01-09, 03:32 PM.
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Built. Tuned. Driven
      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

6 hours around wakefield....thats hectik!
        LONDA

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
          Sounds very good. We will decide Mid-feb. 6 hours race crazY!!! mayb clubitr team?
          I'd be keen if you are mate. We can talk about it over PM.

Comment

does that mean there needs to be like a pit crew and stuff like that?
            would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              I'd be keen if you are mate. We can talk about it over PM.
              Need more cars LOL..... Will send a pm soonish.

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
              does that mean there needs to be like a pit crew and stuff like that?
              would be awesome
              Yeah pitcrew FTW!
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

i wonder if proconecpt and toda civics will be participating..
                would make an awesome team

Comment

I'll be keen to take part in this in some way
                  BYP y0!
                  Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

u can be the cheerleader/mascot Q.. hAHhaha

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                      u can be the cheerleader/mascot Q.. hAHhaha
                      i agree, you can be part of the cheer squad.
                      lol, jokes

but yeah, good way to have fun.
                      E K - O n e - T w o - ..... - F o u r

Comment

I did the Phillip Island 6 hour relay last year, was a really fun event. So much different to your normal sprint day. Have to be so much more aware of flags points, cars and even tow trucks pulling cars out of the kitty litter. Even the full course yellows was fun.

Comment

If anyone is keen on competing but doesn't have their own team, you can contact the Wakefield Park Office, they have a register and will make up mixed teams.

Cheers

Adam

Comment

i did the PI 6 hour also , one of spoons team mates , great day if a little wet so much better than sprints think i did 30 - 40 laps wasnt too hard on the type r had sem slicks harness fire extinguisher oil temp gauge and she did it easily. so many cars on the track at once commodores porsches falcons hqs rexs minis some going off , recovery vehicles getting bogged and a team spirit to get across the line and finish the race just brilliant finished 13th all up and 3 hondas in the team hope to do it again this year too

Comment

Working...
                            X