25 car Wakefield - 18th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 car Wakefield - 18th August

This will be held on the 18th August at Wakefield park.

Details
    We're aiming for the "no frills" track day as well. There will be no official timing (stop watches and personal lap timers are permitted) and we aren't bringing any gun drivers to provide driver training.

While we are charging a bit more, we are also limiting the field to a maximum of 25 drivers. We will run two sessions of 12-13 vehicles each, which means you'll be looking at two runs an hour. As the field thins during the day, this will change to open pit. Since its a small group, it'll give you a chance to meet everyone.

We've had questions about whether people can drift, too. The answer is yes, but for insurance purposes we must have a dedicated drift session with no passengers. When we fill the ranks I'll email everyone and see what people are interested in, and work it out from there. As no-one is likely to drift all day (the tyre cost would be prohibitive) then we'll alternate the drift-interested group between one grip and one drift instead in the morning, and play it by ear when the field shrinks.

Its first in, first served. If we do get enough interest, we'll run a reserve list.

Cost
    $200 per car

Contact Details::
    0430 046 338 or carmen_kwan@yahoo.com

Payment Details::

Savings account
    BSB: 012 129
    ACC: 592 355 971
    ANZ
    payment description; Please write your name and JDMST username as your description

OR pay to my Paypal using my email: carmen_kwan@yahoo.com

Let me know if you are interested =]

"no frills" but it is 200 bucks?

what is the go with that?

who is running this day?

why is it not even listed on teh Wakefield site?

Attached Files
    ... retired/

Comment

No timing + Dedicated drift sessions... ROFL.

IMO I don't think you'll get much interest from this forum.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Was wondering the same...
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Open days offer the same thing yet are cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
            Open days offer the same thing yet are cheaper...
            Open days don't have open pits.

I've been to a few "open pit" days and they're great for track time. I wouldn't think $200 is too expensive for valuable track time. Much better than paying $120 and sharing a 2.2km circuit with 19 other cars. The last time I went to Wakefield in my car I would go a whole session without a clean lap.

This isn't an inquisition here guys. If you don't want to go, you don't have to diss Carmen for putting the day on. It is still cheaper than other small group days I've been to.

Comment

no one is dissing anyone for putting a event on,

the critical feedback relates to the lack of information. not the actual event.
              ... retired/

Comment

I think she is booking out the track out but no timing. It cost around the 4k-5k mark to book out wakefield for the day. Hence 25cars x 200 will cover the hiring cost.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                  I think she is booking out the track out but no timing. It cost around the 4k-5k mark to book out wakefield for the day. Hence 25cars x 200 will cover the hiring cost.
                  Exactly. The cost for hiring WP has skyrocketed since the new owners took over.

Comment

even more reason for promotors to lift their game when advertising their events?
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      no one is dissing anyone for putting a event on,

the critical feedback relates to the lack of information. not the actual event.
                      Actually your "critical feedback" is pretty self explanatory if you had actually bothered to think about what you typed before just pressing the "Post Reply" button.

1) If you had bothered to look on the web-site thoroughly, hiring Wakefield is $3500 + $800 mandatory insurance and $550 for ambulance which is required for more than 20 cars.
                      If you did the math you would work out I'm basically not making any profit from this since 25 cars only just covers the cost.

2) Contact details as well as the use of first person obviously shows that I am running the day. It was initially just for mate's but then I need a few more spots filled so I posted it up here.

3) As for the calendar, I am not sure how often Wakefield update their web-site so this is not up to me.

Comment

best of luck with it.

pretty ballsy booking the track for yourself!!!

but i guess your mates must love it!
                        ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                        X