HSCCV Winton Track Day - November 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSCCV Winton Track Day - November 26

Honda Sports Car Club Victoria looks to be having another track day at Winton Raceway in November, I thought I just give you people a heads up on the event and hopefully see many of you's there and many HONDA'S Yo!

Date: Sunday 26th November

Venue: Winton Raceway, Benella VIC

winton.png

Requirements: [As posted on HSCCV Website] www.hsccv.org.au

There are now two sanctioning organisations offering insurance to car clubs running track events, which in turn impacts what entrants need to have. (Note that organising clubs can add other requirements)

The first body is AASA. It offers cheaper licences and usually simpler vehicle requirements . The disadvantages are that you cannot use a AASA licence at a CAMS sanctioned event and have fewer tracks (currently no access to Phillip Island and Sandown) to run on as a consequence. Probably the best option for the first timers.

* Drivers must hold a current licence from either AASA club racing licence or higher or a CAMS 2SE or higher licence
    * Drivers must wear a helmet that complies (Sticker located on helmet) with AS 1698 or better
    * Non-flammable (i.e. cotton or wool, just not synthetic) clothing that covers ankles to wrist to throat and suitable footwear (No thongs etc)
    * Cars will be scrutineered prior to entering the track

The second body is CAMS. It offers a greater range of tracks, and it's licence is also accepted at AASA events, but does cost more.

* Drivers must hold a current CAMS 2SE or higher licence
    * Drivers must wear a helmet that complies (Sticker located on helmet) with AS 1698 or better
    * Non-flammable (i.e. cotton or wool, just not synthetic) clothing that covers ankles to wrist to throat and suitable footwear (No thongs etc)
    * Cars must be fitted with a approved fire extinguisher
    * Many clubs insist on a supplemental bonnet restraint - no longer a CAMS requirement, but many clubs haven't caught up with this.
    * Cars will be scrutineered prior to entering the track

Hope to see you there!

Roll Call;
    Racing
    1. Vel [AUDM DC5R] Integra DC5R
    2. Eddy [air23box] Integra DC5R
    3. William [VTEC_DOHC] Integra DC2R
    4. ? [weezer] ?
    5. ? [spoon] ?
    6. Ben [RDC5] Integra DC5R - Touge Senyou
    7. Adam [RDC2] Integra DC2R - Touge Senyou
    8. Michael[Mugsee] Integra DC5R
    9. Tian [ITR224] JDM S2000 AP1 - Touge Senyou
    10. Vincent [Temp] Integra DC5R
    11. ? [ChargeR] Integra DC5R
    12. Tim [twmwong] Integra DC5R - Touge Senyou
    13. Bjorn 99' WRX - Touge Senyou
    14. Barry 04' Impreza - Touge Senyou
    15. Stephen [whtdc2] DC-5
    16. Brian [Rkuan] Integra DC5R
    17. Mr anonymous JDM DC2R
    18. Wayne [Wlee2] DC2 Vtit
    19. Dickie DC2R

Spectating/Maybe;
    1. [7] prelude VTiR
    2. Kuok [liquidsound] DC2R / maybe racing
    3. Alan DC5R
    4. Vicky [Milk] Echo
    5. David [Ivtec] DC2R

It will be good if people can tell me there names and car, so that way we all get to know each other better and quicker.

Cheers

MEET UP DETAILS

OK people the Event is on soon and here are the Meet up details. Organised by Eddy [air23box]. Cheers buddy for doing this.
    Pic of map on page 11.

People who live in Eastern suburbs who want to meet up and cruise down to hume together....meet at where TeMp post which is a car park off Doncater rd close to Bulleen Rd.....at 05:30 and we leave 05:45 sharp

...then we cruse down and meet up the others who dont live around the eastern suburbs....at the maccas on hume highway.....just pass Western Ring Road....at about 6:15am and we will leave 06:30 sharp.....so we can make it there before 08:15 when gates open.

People with CB Radio's, use channel 21.
    Roll Call for meet up.
    meet at Doncaster Rd
    List update
    People with CB Radio's, use channel 21.
    Roll Call for meet up.
    meet at Doncaster Rd
    Meet 05:30
    Depart 05:45
    1. TeMp
    2. air23box
    3. Wlee2
    4. Rkuan
    5. Mugsee
    6. Alan

meet at Maccas on Hume
    Meet 06:15
    Depart 06:30
    1. ChargeR
    2. AUDM_DC5R
    3. Milk
    4. spoon
    5. weezer
    6. aus91integra
    Last edited by AUDM DC5R; 23-11-06, 04:15 PM. Reason: Roll Call

I will be there as a passenger again. Hopefully Bao from ModProject would have his car completed by then
    Can't wait to take a ride in Weezer's car

It's also stupid to get an AASA license instead of a CAMS license.
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Is there a use by date on the fire extinguisher?? Thanks. I remember they checked the manufacturing date on my fire extingisher.
      Last edited by whtdc2; 18-09-06, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whtdc2 View Post
        Is there a use by date on the fire extinguisher?? Thanks
        Not that I know of. I know it has to be charged and usable. Mounted on a steel bracket and bolted in. This Cams requirements. But you dont have to worry about it cos you dont need a fire extinguisher because they want as many people to come and end up going with ASAA License requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by AUDM DC5R View Post
          Not that I know of. I know it has to be charged and usable. Mounted on a steel bracket and bolted in. This Cams requirements. But you dont have to worry about it cos you dont need a fire extinguisher because they want as many people to come and end up going with ASAA License requirements.
          I think it needs to be recharged every 2 (or is it 3) yeras, and the container itself has a shelf life of 7 years last time I checked. I cannot find the CAMS competitor's handbook to confirm this
          However the cost of recharging is almost the same as buying a brand new one from Autobarn/Repco.

Comment

Originally posted by whtdc2 View Post
            Is there a use by date on the fire extinguisher?? Thanks. I remember they checked the manufacturing date on my fire extingisher.
            I think you know about that stephen....yeah it have a 2-3 years life spend....after that.....you better go and buy urself a new now instead coz they cost the same..... but we dun need them in winton unless you plan to go to sandown and philip Island again......
            I'll be there for sure.....who else? Vincent(Temp).....David(ivtec)......Brian(rkuan).. ...will(fatboy...lol...dunno ur nick bro)......Ben(RDC5).....Adam(dunno...may change soon...lol..)......we better go together....should be fun.....
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I'll be there , do you know is the entry form out yet?

Comment

Its not out yet.....but you can download from HSCCV web page later on........
                Last edited by air23box; 19-09-06, 03:18 AM.
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I'll be there

Comment

I'll be there

Comment

As much as AASA track days don't require fire extinguishers, I still think it's best to have one in the car. I have seen photos of a GTR from SAU in flames at Winton because it was a hot day and the wire melted and a fire started.

CAMS > AASA

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                        As much as AASA track days don't require fire extinguishers, I still think it's best to have one in the car. I have seen photos of a GTR from SAU in flames at Winton because it was a hot day and the wire melted and a fire started.

CAMS > AASA
                        It won't happen to a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                          Its not out yet.....but you can download from HSCCV web page later on........
                          Thanks Looks like its gonna be a huge day, cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                            ......Ben(RDC5).....Adam(dunno...may change soon...lol..).......
                            yeah we'll be there...

Comment

Touge Senyou crew will be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X