Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAMS NSW Supersprint Round 2 @ Wakefield Park

You should've been there Tink - All the best and get well soon

The Toda Australia / MFactory Honda Civic takes Class Win and Class Record at Round 2 of the NSW CAMS Supersprint Championships at Wakefield Park.

Round 2 saw full attendence at Wakefield Park with many different types of cars in all categories. Although the day started with light rain, the sun came out just in time for the start of the event and ended up a beautiful day for driving.

Coming from last year, the car spotted a number of changes including a new B18C engine and a 1/2 cage, also used in the car was a set of Fightex N1 Suspensions, Works Wheels and the Suspension and Exhaust Components from MFactory.

Unfortunately, we did not have time to practise and setup the car properly, we had no choice but to use this competitive round to test. The car hadn't even seen the road until the trip down to Wakefield that day! The car was tuned entirely on the Dyno the day before in Toda Australia's capable hands. Add to all that, I was rusty from not having practised for 6 odd months (I've also gained weight - but thats another story).

Run 1 came and went without incident, It saw me clocking a 1:11 something on fresh tyres that hadn't even scrubbed in. Decided to go into the 2nd run without changing anything on the car as, having never had the chance to test, I simply didn't know what to change! haha.

Run 2 was again uneventful - I was still trying to learn the car and get the tyres really scrubbed in. In this run, I managed to clock a PB of 1:10.95 - had some handling issues that now needs to be sorted out.

Run 3 was a disaster - Actually, it didn't start off as a disaster, I was lined up against a Porsche 993 Turbo S, with adrenalin pumping, I followed it for the warm up lap and actually kept pace with it as we turned onto the main straight, through Turn 1 and I was right on its butt at Turn 2 and actually outbraked it into turn 3!!! As I got over turn 4, went over the ripple strip, no big deal usually, but somehow the car just kept sliding and I couldn't hold it on the track and promptly spun off.

I got back on the track, did a lap and promptly found that I had lost power steering (yeah, I like my power steering) - thinking that I'd drop a belt in the off track excursion, I pulled back into the pits only to find the left side of the car covered in oil. The power steering high pressure line had fractured spraying oil all over the wheels which explained my off track excursion earlier. It was unfortunate because I choose to retire from the runs altogether rather than risk going out there, spilling more oil and ruining it for everyone else.

In all, we've only managed to get about 6 "angry" laps - certainly not enough to gather enough information to setup the car but hey, thats racing. Fortunately, the weather held out and the other cars were able to get at least 5 ~6 runs throughout the day. :-D

Other Honda's represented who are on this forum are:
    1) Benny Tran (Benson) - 1:11.14
    2) David Rodan (Shifty) - 1:11.51

Quickest Car for the day went to John Vader driving a beautiful example of an Evo 9 @ 1:06.79

Anyone else wants to try a bit of competitive fun at the Superprint, drop me a PM

* Note, all shops mentioned here are vendors on this forum
    MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Congratz on the PB and class win

Hope you go even faster when the car is setup properly!
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

was a fun day, track was rather slippery but otherwise good fun, alot of people cracked some PB's (such as myself )

hope 2 see ur car back in shape dude looked awesome! now i need a cage :P
      RWD + Boost =

Comment

Was a good day with a few random drops of rain, took about 4 secs off my PB so i was happy! Congrats Leonard for the win

Only took 1 pic for the day:

Comment

congrats on the class win. Are the times up yet?

Yeap alot of ppl got there pb even tho the track wasnt the best.

We manage a new pb 1.11.14 in our EG b16a (1600cc)
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

good work, bad luck, thanks for sharing...

makes me so miss my car!!!!

it is week 3 of broken leg and it really sux
            ... retired/

Comment

fantastic to hear guys, good work on all your PB's
              'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

i wanna do this too!

congrats man..
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

me three!
                  "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did any1 get any pictures on the day ??

any of a white DC2R :P ??
                    RWD + Boost =

Comment

Working...
                    X