Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[jul 5] Civic Type R Ask the Experts forum

Hi guys, just got this in my email...

Ever wanted to know something about the Civic Type R but don't know who to ask? Well you can! Just register for the Ask the Experts forum for your chance to chat live with the experts on 5 July at 7:30pm.

On hand to answer your questions will be:
    • Honda's Technical Expert, Peter McDowell
    • Product Planning Manager, Matthew Nicol
    • Public Relations Manager, Mark Higgins

Registration for this one off event are now open so make sure you register now to reserve your place.

ttp://www.hondaexperts.com.au/

Basically looks like a web forum where you can pose the questions to Honda in real time on July 5th at 7:30pm.

I thought it might be cool if some of us from this forum went on there and asked them the hard questions.... like Where is the Jazz Type R and why doesn't the CITR have a 6 speed sequential option

- Andrew

Originally posted by Andys View Post
    Hi guys, just got this in my email...

Ever wanted to know something about the Civic Type R but don't know who to ask? Well you can! Just register for the Ask the Experts forum for your chance to chat live with the experts on 5 July at 7:30pm.

On hand to answer your questions will be:
    • Honda's Technical Expert, Peter McDowell
    • Product Planning Manager, Matthew Nicol
    • Public Relations Manager, Mark Higgins

Registration for this one off event are now open so make sure you register now to reserve your place.

ttp://www.hondaexperts.com.au/

Basically looks like a web forum where you can pose the questions to Honda in real time on July 5th at 7:30pm.

I thought it might be cool if some of us from this forum went on there and asked them the hard questions.... like Where is the Jazz Type R and why doesn't the CITR have a 6 speed sequential option

- Andrew
    i signed up, but will be busy moving house that night...
    ... retired/

Comment

how about..

when are we going to get the true-blooded JDM versions.. =P
      g
      [ BBU66Z ]
      g
      Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

^ or ask....hey when are you 3 fools going to quit your job and hire someone who can help us get the real deal

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
          ^ or ask....hey when are you 3 fools going to quit your job and hire someone who can help us get the real deal
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:
          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

or tell the Honda car yards that a car that has the same power, and is 300kg HEAVYER then a DC5r is not going to be faster then one.

Someone tell them to bring over the JDM version.

Nuf said!

Comment

we should all sign up and start an online riot to get them to bring in the true CTR

Comment

6 speed sequential option
                I wish for the day.......
                F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

It is economically risky for Honda to bring the true DC5R here. It would cost so much here (probably as much as an EVO) they wouldn't get enough sold because of the perception of it being "underpowered".

But its just an example of how Honda has gone soft. They always seem to stop short of trying to become a dominant player.

Eg. why do they always put shitty tyres on the cars they bring here? So when magazines test them as stock they always come up a bit disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
                    I wish for the day.......
                    Well, I think the new NSX will have it a sequential semi-auto So then it will trickle down to S2K and eventually be mated to a K20A, then Ariel can use it in the Atom, then I want to drive one!

Comment

Andy's right about the cost. Bringing the true Type R here will be very expensive, and push it into price range similar to Evo's. Its the same reason why we got a watered-down Integra.

Lol, the 3 honda reps know they are in for a hell of a beating with Qs left, right and centre.

Comment

really want to hear what they saying abt not bringing the FD2 here...

it would be great if we can see the questions they answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Andys View Post
                          It is economically risky for Honda to bring the true DC5R here. It would cost so much here (probably as much as an EVO) they wouldn't get enough sold because of the perception of it being "underpowered".

But its just an example of how Honda has gone soft. They always seem to stop short of trying to become a dominant player.

Eg. why do they always put shitty tyres on the cars they bring here? So when magazines test them as stock they always come up a bit disappointing.
                          How much extra would it cost for honda to give us a K20a ? I think more than money is involved.... They have been doing since day one. No one got the RS civic ('73) but japan an limted other places.We only got the ('71) Datsun 1200 in base models except a few GX's .........Maybe they think we don't deserve it
                          F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Japanese FD2 2,835,000 yen
                            =AU$27,122

UK FN2 17,627 Pound
                            =AU$41,615

The Japanese FD2 is $14,000 cheaper at current rates.

How is it more expensive to bring the Japanese versions here?
                            http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

So...is anyone from here actually going?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X