No announcement yet.

[NSW] BEL Garage Dyno Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was it high around the board? or just for a few?
    g
    [ BBU66Z ]
    g
    Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Originally posted by EL_DC5 View Post
      they did it 3 times 119 , 122 and 123.8
      is it normal to have 4 kw difference from first and last run? ...

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
        is it normal to have 4 kw difference from first and last run?
        usually means something is wrong with the dyno... they are very sensitive pieces of test equipment...
        ... retired/

Comment

the first he didnt push it the others he did. i could tell by the sound. i belive it was to warm it up
          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
            yeah compare to egk20a's 135kw with race header race exhuast, euro intake manifold, fuel regulators, cams, hondata full tune, intake .......

i think jdmyard should buy a grouppem for the car
            thats not nice dude.

Comment

considering i got 125.6kw that night i believe the dyno readings are inaccurate. i have I/H/E & ECU...

to my disbelief, i had my car re-dynoed the next day on a well known "unhappy" dyno and got 134kw which is .6kw lower than what i got at autosalon FB last year...

you be the judge on how accurate the dyno was..
              NBGP DC5R

Comment

yep, 120.2 and the 106 is a damn big difference on my car, advance timing or not... oh well, at least some dude post my car on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by jonnieR View Post
                  considering i got 125.6kw that night i believe the dyno readings are inaccurate. i have I/H/E & ECU...

to my disbelief, i had my car re-dynoed the next day on a well known "unhappy" dyno and got 134kw which is .6kw lower than what i got at autosalon FB last year...

you be the judge on how accurate the dyno was..
                  Sounds like you were not a happy chap at all...

Comment

Sounds like the BEL dyno gave you a smaller e-penis jonnie!
                    happyhong says:
                    aus only have 3 r
                    happyhong says:
                    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Remember most cars there where not warmed up. I warmed mine up for about 15 min. it was cold out side. I think this could cause your inaccurate reading

Comment

Originally posted by EL_DC5 View Post
                        Remember most cars there where not warmed up. I warmed mine up for about 15 min. it was cold out side. I think this could cause your inaccurate reading
                        mine was warmed up for about 15min, and another thing, they didn't put that clip on my exhaust (oxygen sensor) like they did on the clubitr dyno day, which may explain why my AFR is different

im not pissed... but i havn't got a clue as to how the car is running with such a large discrepancy

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                          Sounds like the BEL dyno gave you a smaller e-penis jonnie!
                          and they gave EL_DC5 a gigantic e-penis

Comment

What with the penis comments????

Im happy about my results it did similar on another dyno 122.7.
                            so 123.8 doesnt seem like its irregular. 8========D

Comment

OKOK Let's clear up some issues:

1. 1st Run - Easy, 2nd Run - Moderate, 3rd Run - Full Throttle all the way
                              2. AFR on request - some of the guys were complaining that there wouldn't be enough time to go through all the cars, hence no AFR unless requested.
                              3. New software was uploaded to dyno recently by Mainline. New AFR (which is irrelevant anyway), and the automatic weather station was recently calibrated by Mainline. So, don't know what changes were made compared to the Club ITR dyno day...

Anyway, most people had fun! Top car was a 180SX which pulled 350KW at the wheels. 2nd was a 323 with a 13B @ 330+ or something. Had to share the $500, as the 13B wanted the capacity to be reported as 1.3L as opposed to the commonly used 2.6L benchmark capacity...

Matt our mechanic with his corolla also managed to destroy his Corolla 20V turbo, doing 180KW at the wheels. Engine was dying, so we might as well destroy it! hahahahahaha

But seriously - with the mainline dynos, you can't fudge figures - every compensation is done automatically. All we can do is load up car, tie it down, and run it. Tyre pressures + tie down does affect figure though, but not substantially. Not that anyone has actually spent time testing this out!

Anyhoo - nice pics! so "stylish"... hahahahaha

Comment

e-penis? what's that? hahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X