No announcement yet.

[QLD] Food & Chill - 22/05/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mexican at bogan hyperdone does good fajitas That could seat everyone if they had warning.

Comment

Actually Local Hyperdome has a nice freeway drive to it, and has a Hogs Breath Cafe.

booking = space. could be awesome

Comment

Keen for the hyperdome. The underground car could cope wid us i recon

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

not mexican though. go hogs; simply for the wide range for everyone.

Comment

any decisions??

Comment

I should probably update original post with "cost".

At this point in time I'd like to try and keep the cost of meals to around $10-15. We have a couple of members on here that are students, and I don't think it's fair to expect them to pay $30+ for a meal... plus I don't want to deter people from coming because of the cost of the food.

Once we get to end of semester, and the students are working more regularly, we'll look into a nice mid-week meal somewhere.

Is everyone cool with Mexican at Hyperdome? Is the Sizzler still there? It's a bit further out then I was hoping (I'll struggle to get there by 7), but if everyone is happy with the location, we'll organise something.

What is everyone's thoughts on Sizzler? We could also hit up the one at Carindale, as that's fairly central for everyone. What is parking like there?

Comment

^ hyperdomw mightr be a struggle for me too, with traffic after work, with Robi on the prices, not really up for spending $30+ on a meal, mexican would be sweeeeet though

Comment

There is a really good and cheap mexican in the Valley. Guzman y Gomez, It's not table service so it would be better for a big group but there is a struggle for parking in the area.
                  Here is their website http://www.guzmanygomez.com/

The one at hyperdone is called Cactus Jacks and their menu is here http://www.cactusjacksrestaurant.com.au/food.html

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
                    There is a really good and cheap mexican in the Valley. Guzman y Gomez, It's not table service so it would be better for a big group but there is a struggle for parking in the area.
                    Here is their website http://www.guzmanygomez.com/
                    That's in The Emporium...

If we want to risk it, we could park in the Audi/Ferrari dealership... my guess is that it shouldn't be too packed on a Tuesday night.

I need input here guys... I've had food from Gyzman y Gomez. It's cheap, easy, and very central. I'm just thinking that the Hyperdome is very south.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post

If we want to risk it, we could park in the Audi/Ferrari dealership... my guess is that it shouldn't be too packed on a Tuesday night.

I need input here guys... I've had food from Gyzman y Gomez. It's cheap, easy, and very central. I'm just thinking that the Hyperdome is very south.
                      I've only had food at tuckeria, but I love mexican, valley is good for me too, i think we would be sweet for parking, there's a few spots in the valley we could get a park at.

its really up to the guys on the southside, how far south are you? hard to get to the valley?

Comment

Southside brisbane guys should be good for valley. It's not overly far but I'll have a chat with them anyways. What about the gold coast boys ?
                        Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 15-05-12, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Problem with sizzler is that even foe the salad bar and drinks you're looking at $28 these days.

At least at somewhere like hogs you can opt for a giant thing of chips for under $10.

But either way. Carindale or Logan work for me. Both have good parking; carindale doesnt lock the main giant parking lot next to sizzler untill the restauraunts close, so it'll do for your photos.

Sizzler is right next to a Hungry Jacks if we got desperate. :P

Though certainly book ahead; that sizzler is PACKED. Im talking line out the door and down the road packed. basically every night.

Comment

I'm just thinking that the Hyperdome is very south.
                            Its only about an hour out of the CBD; if that. Just so you know. It looks way worse on paper :P

Hyperdome also has a sizzlers and a Nandos if we want 'good' fast food.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
                              Its only about an hour out of the CBD; if that. Just so you know. It looks way worse on paper :P

Hyperdome also has a sizzlers and a Nandos if we want 'good' fast food.
                              We've got three members (Myself, Matt & Tim) that are on the northside, 15-20 min from the CBD. Steven is out West, which is a good 20 min from the CBD, and then rest are just south (Mt Gravatt/Sunnybank), which is again a good 15-20 from the CBD. I just think having the meet location central (CBD/Valley) is a good idea, as it doesn't really put anyone out.

I'm going to make an official thread for this meet, and I'm also going to start a poll to find out where members live so I can see if it's worth while doing stuff in a few different area's.

Comment

We've got three members (Myself, Matt & Tim) that are on the northside, 15-20 min from the CBD. Steven is out West, which is a good 20 min from the CBD, and then rest are just south (Mt Gravatt/Sunnybank), which is again a good 15-20 from the CBD. I just think having the meet location central (CBD/Valley) is a good idea, as it doesn't really put anyone out.

I'm going to make an official thread for this meet, and I'm also going to start a poll to find out where members live so I can see if it's worth while doing stuff in a few different area's.
                                Yea, i was thinking 1:20hr mins to logan...

Comment

Working...
                                X