Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QLD] Food & Chill - 22/05/2012

Hey guys

It's that time again to have another monthly meet.

I'll set the date, as this is normally the hardest thing to set. Date is Tuesday 22nd of May, starting at 7pm.

Location, still up in the air... so throw some locations at me, Northside, Southside, Eastside... Westsideeeee! BUT... lets try to keep it to a 10km radius of the city, just as it's a central point, and we have members all over the place.

So for those wanting to throw a location please note we need the following:
    - Food - Going to be suitable for the most fussy person, and seating for 20+ people. Similar to the fish and chip place from last month.
    - Parking - Plenty of parking away from residential areas. Somewhere we can stand around afterwards, have a chat and laugh, and not be told to move on
    - Lighting - For security and photo taking reasons

Basically, I feel the last meet was a great template of what the meets should be like, everyone had a good chat to everyone else, and made some new friends (I know I got like 5 friend requests of FB when I got home!).

So, throw some locations at me via PM (So we can keep this thread fairly clean), and everyone get ready!

date sounds good, s2000 back on the road, will be there

Comment

And I think this time we need to book in reservation for restaurant! Gonna be awesome, get my car back tmr too!

Comment

Hmm, I don't usually finish class until 7.30pm + the drive back from Gold Coast + I'm usually beached as, so if I do turn up I'll be pretty late.

Comment

Ok... Southside locations are required.

As I don't frequent southside, some people need to shoot me some PM's.

KGO!

Comment

Still waiting on some idea's guys...

Comment

Got a few places in mind, but they don't really satisfy all the conditions ... I'll keep thinking of other places. Pretty hard when all I do is eat at Market Square every weekend, lol

Comment

There is the awesomest ramen place in Market Square. If we had the same numbers as last time we would take up the whole restaurant and still have a queue of people outside waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
                  There is the awesomest ramen place in Market Square. If we had the same numbers as last time we would take up the whole restaurant and still have a queue of people outside waiting.
                  Soooooo...... keep the meet on the down-low?

Comment

Originally posted by mattatnoosa View Post
                    Soooooo...... keep the meet on the down-low?
                    Yum hatakaya ramen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Any more suggestions?

Comment

buffet gardens at sunnybank shopping centre?
                        Its abour $35 all you can eat.

on the plus side, no one will call our actual tuned cars 'rice' because... well...anyone from the southside knows.... its sunnybank.

EDIT: also damn your tuesdays >< now I have to decide if i blow off a weekly plan for the one meet or not..... I probably will. If only to jizz @ your k24 again...... I have one in pieces in my garage now.... rebuild in progress
                        Last edited by Master_Scythe; 12-05-12, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Sunnybank quite popular on this thread Looking foward to the meet so definetly locked in.
                          Moiz
                          無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Mos burger is in sunny bank, that is very japanesey(and awesome) but once again all 150 of us wont fit in the restaurant.

Comment

Yeah lets not inite all of sunnybank :P
                              I had MOSburger while I was in japan. They're HUGE! I had no idea they were out here too.

If we're expecting a 20-25 turnout, I know a rocking fish and chip place in the wynnum\manly waterfront that would do us a deal; but we'd be eating in the park. Risky in winter.

Somewhere in sunnybank is always an easy place to get to.

There is a 2nd 'Pancake Manor' thats opened up in Mt Gravatt too (the suburb next to sunnybank). Everyone loves pancakes! (and the usual steak and burgers they do too)

Comment

Working...
                              X