Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QLD] Mini meet! JDMST

Hey guys

As some of you may be aware (And some may not) there is a meet at QR coming up on Sunday 5th Feb, from 4pm onwards. This is organised on JDMST.com, by Downshift.

For those of you that haven't heard of these meets, I'll give you a little run down. The End Of Month Meets (EOMM) have been going for about 3-4 years now. I started attending them about 2 years ago, when there would be about 50 cars, all of which were quality. The word got out that these meets weren't targeted by the police and that it was a nice happy environment... so more people started coming along... and bigger venues were needed.

The EOMM would frequent shopping centres (All organised with centre management), and would get numbers of around 300 cars. This happened for about a year, then the numbers started to get bigger, and car parks started to get over crowded.

The last EOMM (January) was held at Queensland Raceway (QR), and even though the numbers were never confirmed, apparently there was numbers from 700-1000 cars. This was held on a Tuesday night, and had cars from as north as the Sunny Coast, as south as Northern NSW, and west as Toowoomba.

As I've already stated, the next meet is being held on Sunday the 5th of February at 4pm til Dark (Click for further details). This particular meet is going to have a Gymkhana, and obviously plenty of cars to look at.

If anyone is interesting in going, I'm thinking that maybe we organise a meet point just before QR so we can roll in together, park up next to each other, and represent ClubITR... as I for one know that there are a few Type R owners in Brisbane that don't know the site exists.

Let me know if you are keen, and I'll organise a meet spot where we can all meet.

Robi

If my car is fixed by den ill cruise wid ya

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would love to but I'm working till 4! We should have a CITR dinner, qld style

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Dinner is on the cards... I'm thinking maybe Sunday after lunch meet/drive then roll onto somewhere for dinner. As we have most members living south side and GC I want to try and Organiser something like that.

But well worry about this meet first.

Comment

Might have work (going to prioritise getting a work shift over the meet ... im poor as) ... so like pete, i'd be pretty keen for a CITR dinner. I've yet to meet some of the QLD crew

Comment

Sounds like a good one to go to! Where u thinking of meeting? Keep me in the loop Robi.

Comment

There are the two petrol stations just before QR, so I was thinking of one of them. Easy to get to, and not the type of thing you can miss.

Comment

hey hey Robbie!!
                long time no see!
                I'm keen for dinner too as I've got a bucks finishing up on this Sunday afternoon so may not be able to meet up at QR.

Comment

ok... dinner is looking more likely.

We'll try to organise something on the southside shortly... anyone want to give me a hand with a location.

Comment

asian? italian?

Comment

I'm Hungarian...

lol

Meat... that is all I request!

But somewhere near the highway, and with plenty of parking... my thoughts are around Sunnybank region.

I'll start another thread.

Comment

I have to work on Sunday so I can make it. I hate the big JDMST meets, bring back the good old Aldi days.

Comment

So, where are we going to meet and what time ?

Comment

Meet spot

There are two petrol stations before QR. The first one is a Mobile, which is on your right as you drive along the Cunningham highway.

The 2nd one, i'm not sure what it is, but it's on your left after the big left hander.

I've organised the North side Brisbane Meet, and we are leave around 3. So we'll meet at this petrol station at around 3:30-3:45.

Any questions, let me know... if you want my mobile, PM me.

See you guys there!

Comment

Robi i will meet u at the first servo (mobile). anyone from gc is welcome to meet up and travel together pm me.

Comment

Working...
                              X