Bug fixing & suggestions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunkyR
    I like the idea of this being a more technical forum than a 'should I buy 19" chromies with under car neons or 20" chromies?'. On that note I notice that the lounge thread is the first on the list of sub forums?? Maybe it should be reorganised to be:

'Technical'
    'Appearance'
    'Lounge'
    'FS'
    100% agree...

even to the point of having FS above lounge...

will get the Admin to move it around if others agree?

at least agree to put Technical above Lounge?
    ... retired/

Comment

I don't know how doable it is, but I was thinking it about the benefits of splitting the lounge into car-related and car-unrelated threads.

For example, in the car-related lounge you might see threads about the merits of different cars such as the new mazda 3 mps, where has in the car-unrelated lounge you might those three worded stories, etc.

Just a thought I had.
      "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

agree

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

i agree with Biz too, but will need to check feasability with Admin...
          ... retired/

Comment

Well Events currently reside in Lounge...Maybe move events out of there...

With car related and car-unrelated threads...it would most likely have to go into sub-forums within lounge...and no threads can be created under the main forum of lounge..

so...it would be

- Lounge (Threads cannot be created, only has link to subforum)
            -- Car Related
            -- Car Unrelated

Comment

It doenst really matter if you guys want to move it or not, but really, i mean seriously, there is 4 subforums do u think it will make a big differnece if technical is above forsales or lounge?

If you guys are worried about spam, just enforce more strict rules, one chat thread only, that is the better solution.

Forums change just as the members change. What we are effectively doing is basically saying to people who likes to talk alot and chat that we are not tolerent to such things and u r not welcome. Its abit like say ozhonda memebers are not welcomed. Abit elitest imo.

I dont think shuffling the order of the forum will make the slight difference *since there is only 4 subforums and they easily fit on one screen*. As i said eariler, concerend about spam? Moderate more strictly on offtopic comments, have one chat thread, that i think should keep people who like to chat happy and also technical guys happy.

What do you guys think?

Comment

can the number of posts for a page be changed?

is it 9/10 posts for a page until a new page in the thread?

i was thinking of making it similar to crsx (24posts per page)
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yeah more posts per page...heheh

Just please take off the post counts & rep system...It'll slow things down a lot faster

Comment

Originally posted by felixR
                    can the number of posts for a page be changed?

is it 9/10 posts for a page until a new page in the thread?

i was thinking of making it similar to crsx (24posts per page)
                    FElix can be changed in the options section to have 50 posts max per page

Comment

post per page, mine is set to 40 in the User CP

maybe have a look at your control panel?
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers
                        It doenst really matter if you guys want to move it or not, but really, i mean seriously, there is 4 subforums do u think it will make a big differnece if technical is above forsales or lounge?

If you guys are worried about spam, just enforce more strict rules, one chat thread only, that is the better solution.

Forums change just as the members change. What we are effectively doing is basically saying to people who likes to talk alot and chat that we are not tolerent to such things and u r not welcome. Its abit like say ozhonda memebers are not welcomed. Abit elitest imo.

I dont think shuffling the order of the forum will make the slight difference *since there is only 4 subforums and they easily fit on one screen*. As i said eariler, concerend about spam? Moderate more strictly on offtopic comments, have one chat thread, that i think should keep people who like to chat happy and also technical guys happy.

What do you guys think?
                        I agree, but I must confess that I personally don't want to wade through car unrelated material when I want to read about cars.

"No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Jing - it is just the initial *impression* that will be different,

technical has precedence over lounge is i think what FunkyR & I meant...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell
                            post per page, mine is set to 40 in the User CP

maybe have a look at your control panel?
                            great thanks for that

z10 says:
                            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                            z10 says:
                            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

We shouldnt create too many sub forums - it'll be too confusing and hard to use....

I think keep it simple - like maybe 4 or 5 sub forums at most - ozhonda is a headache to use!

Maybe keep the general tech discussion on the main forum page like clubrsx (or if ppl prefer have a DC2 and DC5 sub forums) and then have a few sub forums:

Appearance
                              FS
                              Technical archive (for stored reviews etc)
                              Gallery (ppls rides) ] - maybe combine
                              Past events (past events) ] these two?
                              Lounge

We could even put it down to a poll to see which format ppl prefer?
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

btw can we make this thread a sticky?
                                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                                X