EOI - [QLD] 2002 Honda Integra DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOI - [QLD] 2002 Honda Integra DC5R

So... I'm thinking of selling my 2002 Integra Type R. This has been playing on my mind for the last 6 or so months. I keep convincing myself otherwise, but after 6 months, I thought I would put the bait out there to see if anyone was interested.

So a little history about the car. I bought this car back in April 2006, I was looking at totally different cars at the time, but this one came up for a tiny bit more then I originally wanted to spend, so had a look at it. Basically I drove it on the Saturday, and owned it by the Tuesday. After the first time I drove it, I knew I had to have it, and since that day, it's been my baby.

For the last 3 years the car has basically only been driven on weekends, and spends Monday to Friday in the garage... for the last couple of months I've probably averaged <200km a week (Girlfriend lives 80km return away). When I initially purchased the car (April 2006), it has just shy of 120k km on it. The car now has roughly 166k km, so I've averaged about 11k km a year during my ownership.

The previous owner had the car serviced at Centrax Automotive (Mt Gravatt), and for the last 4 years, I've also had the car serviced there religiously every 5k km.

The reason for the gearbox rebuild is due to the use of Redline superlite weight shock proof engine oil. The previous owner of the vehicle used this (Unknown Km) and said that he had good results with it, so once I purchased the vehicle I continued to use it up (15k km). Basically there are compounds in the oil that bond together, and this ruined the gearbox. It happened over 2 years ago, so I can’t remember what actually happened, but I have the receipt for the rebuild. Honda gearboxes are quiet sensitive about which gearbox oil you use, and since the rebuild only OEM Honda gearbox oil has been used.

As you can see from the below mod list, over the period of 4 years, I've done a bit to the car.

Engine:
    Hondata K-Pro – Tuned by Adrian from Toda Australia – 136FWKW
    Mugen Intake
    OEM JDM DC5R (4-2-1) headers
    Mugen catback twin loop exhaust
    Mugen thermostat
    Mugen radiator cap
    Mugen fan switch
    Energy suspension engine inserts

Gearbox:
    Gearbox rebuilt at 135K km (Clutch flywheel installed at the same time)
    Excedy Heavy duty
    Toda light weight flywheel
    Viscoustech Short Shifter

Suspension/brakes:
    Tein SS coilovers
    24mm adjustable Whiteline front sway bar
    22mm Whiteline rear sway bar
    Whiteline rear camber bushes
    Spoon front strut brace
    OEM JDM DC5R rear strut brace
    Mugen rear strut brace
    Front DBA 4000 slotted rotors
    Akom racing inverted tie rod ends

Wheels:
    17x8 ET+35 Wedsport SA90
    225/45/17 Khumo KU36

Interior:
    Pioneer headunit
    Apexi RSM
    FD2R gear knob

Exterior:
    Full respray in original Silver with gold pearl
    Deleted rear wing
    Deleted grill
    OEM JDM DC5R rear bumper
    (All above exterior work done February 2009)

Pictures:

Price: $24,000 ono. Nothing insulting please.

Extra comments:
    - Number plates do not come with the car (If sold in QLD)
    - As this is a EOI at the moment, I'll just leave contact to PM or on here.
    - I am not interested in swaps (Unless for an Evo 9, 07 STI or similar)
    - I AM NOT PARTING OUT THE CAR (Ever)
    - I WON'T SELL THE CAR FOR LESS WITHOUT PARTS

- If you can get a simular DC5R for cheaper, I don't really care, go buy that one, if you want one that has some decent parts, and has been well looked after, come talk to me.

As I said, I'm only looking if there is any interest in the car, if nothing comes up in the next couple of months I'll keep the car.

Thanks for looking

Robi
    Last edited by 45SET; 31-03-10, 08:32 AM.

Good luck with the sale man.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

oh Robi, can't believe you are selling.

GL.

Comment

Well... if it sells it sells... otherwise I'll just keep it... I've always wanted an Evo or STi... and I'm at the stage in my life where I can afford it and still enjoy it... not that I don't enjoy the Integra but I just want something new.

I feel so bad talking negativly about the Integra

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          Well... if it sells it sells... otherwise I'll just keep it... I've always wanted an Evo or STi... and I'm at the stage in my life where I can afford it and still enjoy it... not that I don't enjoy the Integra but I just want something new.

I feel so bad talking negativly about the Integra
          so u should!!! (good luck man hope u get wat u want for it)

Comment

GL with sale

never thought you would sell it.
            Blaze Orange

Comment

you've changed man... about time u sold up =oP

Comment

If you guys keep telling me "I never thought you'd sell it" i'll keep it because I'll feel wrong if I sell it...

Then I'll blame all of you when I get a K26.

Now... SOMEONE BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

GL with Sale Rob, Just like everyone else i never thought you would sell but i suppose the lure of an EVO (not so much an STI) isnt a bad thing.

GL

Comment

GOod luck with the sale dude one day you will come back.
                    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

So... today was a big day on the sale front.

I've posted this on a few other sites , one being Boostcruising. Anyone that is familiar with Boostcruising would know that the for sale section can be a bit of a joke at the best of times... so I wasn't expecting much serious offers to come through.

A day within posting it on Boostcruising I was offered 21k for the car... which was just shy of what I was after. So I sat a my desk at work for a minute just looking at the screen, thinking to myself "Wow... It's been for sale for 1 day, and someone has already offered to buy it", I was in shock and it was actually making me think if I still want to sell the car. I didn't reply to the PM as I thought I'll have a think about it.

Then the 2nd thing happened. A friend of mine said that one of his work mates was selling his Evo 9 to a car yard on the 14th of this month, and that if I wanted to have a drive of it, he was more then happy to let me... So as an Evo 9 is at the top of my "replacement" list, I took him up on his offer. Took it for a drive, got out of the car and said to the owner "Wow... just wow... that is a fantastic car, but there is something about it... something I can't quiet put my finger on". I was standing there for the next 5 min trying to think to myself what the "problem" with the car was.
                      - 4WD - Not a problem
                      - Power at 3k RPM instead of 5,500 RPM - Not a Problem
                      - MASSIVE brakes - Not a Problem
                      - The fact you are driving a "Lancer" with a turbo and a big wing - Not a Problem

For 20 min, I couldn't figure out what I personally didn't like about the car... and all I can put it down to is that it felt to "assisted". The steering was light, the clutch was soft, the gear change was dull... it is a fantastic car, and I know that it would beat my car in basically every way, but I just feel that I could probably get more joy out of driving the Integra hard then I would out of driving the Evo... and I'm not willing to take the gamble of spending an extra ~20k (For a stock Evo 9) ontop of the sale of my car to realise that.

Basically I went into it having read reviews on it being quicker then a Lambo around a track, and it being a great example of a current day "track car"... and honestly, I was disapointed.

SSOOO... I'll be keeping the Integra...

Comment

thats cool, wise decision. I've always had very similar feelings towards the wrx and evo, i'd love to own one for a while but i just know i would soon want to go back to a type r. its like when a moto jurno writes about our cars and says 'needs more torque' or 'need to rev the hell out of it' as bad things, thats what makes type r's fun and i think makes you a better driver because of it
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

u willing to take 15k cash right now?

ill use ur car for spare parts

Comment

that's an interesting take on the evo, i could never get into the evo's myself i know there fast and all that but they still look like a lancer not really sleek and sporty but that's just me. have you thought about an E46 M3? i looked at a few before the Teg popped up

Comment

i m interested in your plates buddy, willing to part that out?
                              So Hot & Deadly

Comment

Working...
                              X