X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to potential buyers of Red DC2R on TradingPost

Just a heads up everyone :-

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminf...ubs_Used+Cars_

Went to look at this red DC2R yesterday in our little hunt. Found an extremely dodgy example when we got there to look at it.

The car is a repaired write-off (as listed on REVS), and a badly repaired one at that.

- The drivers' side rear quarter panel is bulged out about 20mm further than it should be above the wheel
    - The Lower tie-bar (between the LCA's) is BENT upwards
    - The hatch doesn't shut properly and isn't aligned correctly. One side sits up about 10mm too high, and the hatch fouls on the body when closed
    - The headlights are non-genuine
    - The front bumper is painted rather badly
    - There are various scrapes on the underbody indicating some prior accident
    - The car was pinging badly when I drove it. I questioned the seller and eventually worked out he had always run it on standard unleaded.
    - The interior condition is below average at best. Nowhere near as described.
    - The headunit is taped in with duct tape (!?!?!) and the speaker wires are exposed and run totally incorrectly.

Steer clear, people. This car is bad news.

REVS Check info :-

CURRENT OR PREVIOUS REPAIRABLE Date 20/01/2006 7:03 Expiry
    WRITE-OFF. MANUFACTURER'S NSW Registration Class: O
    WARRANTY MAY BE VOID. CHECK 2000 HONDA SED VIN/Chass. JHMDC2310YS201146
    WITH THE MANUFACTURER. 0000 Engine No.

There is no financial interest

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

holy wow, how could someone treat an R like that.... mistreating itr's makes baby jesus cry
    almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Honda Integra Type R 2000, manual, red, 62000kms, 12 mths rego, Recaro seats, exc cond inside/out, $20900 neg, ZR-71-AM BOSSLEY PARK 02-9823 0041 or 0410-857096.

OMG "exc cond inside/out"
      I wonder what the car would look like when they say its "good condition"/

Comment

everyone thinks dc2rs are a steal for 20-22k, all you have to do is look at the condition and you will know why they are so cheap

you get what you pay for!!

thanks for the heads up cam

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
          holy wow, how could someone treat an R like that.... mistreating itr's makes baby jesus cry
          they dont care about the car, they do it for the money.

they go to auction find a cheap wrecked car, fix it very cheaply, then sell it to some unsuspecting buyer

Comment

that sucks... thanks for the heads up...

if they're doing it for the money, at least do a better job it shouldn't have as many obvious faults as what cam said. I'm sure many people would know better and just walk away... or give it a fang first like what cam did

Comment

I'm sure some OH kid will pick this up and not realise how unsafe it really is.

It's very hard finding an R in good condition, in my search for one I saw 5

1st. Had a replacement Engine
              2nd. Obvious Crash Damage

I ended up flying to melbourne and picking mine up.

At the end of the day it's a used car and you always questio how it was treated and maintained, so its best to find the best you can.

BTW, lots of R's have been appearing at Auctions as of late with major crash damage so be warned there are lots of bad ones about.

As the cars get cheaper inexperienced drivers get a hold of them and crash them, most have no insurance so dodgy repair jobs.
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Bad. $20k for this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                  I'm sure some OH kid will pick this up and not realise how unsafe it really is.

It's very hard finding an R in good condition, in my search for one I saw 5

1st. Had a replacement Engine
                  2nd. Obvious Crash Damage

I ended up flying to melbourne and picking mine up.

At the end of the day it's a used car and you always questio how it was treated and maintained, so its best to find the best you can.

BTW, lots of R's have been appearing at Auctions as of late with major crash damage so be warned there are lots of bad ones about.

As the cars get cheaper inexperienced drivers get a hold of them and crash them, most have no insurance so dodgy repair jobs.
                  Was it worth to come down to Melbourne to get your Type R?

Comment

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...&category_id=3

This car has appeared on Carsales.com.au ...

Again... Beware.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i have sent a message to him

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        i have sent a message to him
                        Saying?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

u should be honest

Comment

let us know if he reply's

i also had a look at this car as he wanted to trade but when i went to see it.....it was a pile of crap. i asked him about the head unit and he told me it got stolen.....so i asked him "so the car was broken into"....his reply..."no i left the door open one day and someone stole it".

he told me he works for a car dealership in homebush so im sure he has sources to fix the car

Comment

he cant becuase i didnt give him my email i wrote his email @hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X