Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Check DC5R

Hey,

Thinking of selling my car, but not sure if it is worth it. Car has 161,xxx kms on the dial.

What kind of price will I be looking at.

Its an 02 model also.

I guess it depends if you will be selling it stock or not?
    DC5Rs fetch for around what? 25k these days?
    I'm not too sure...haven't bothered to look at prices ever since I sold mine.

Comment

probly done more KM than most DC2R's??

so maybe the lower end of 20's
      ... retired/

Comment

Thanks thats what I was after.

Comment

What condition is the car in?

I'll do a redbook value for you if you would like.

Note: It'll be for a stock car, and this is the check that most banks are going to do when someone applies for a car loan (Where the vehicle is the security). Also if anyone else would like me to do a check there cars (or a car they are interested in purchasing) feel free to pm me and I'll do a check, but i can't check imports.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by 45SET; 16-09-08, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Just price it around lthe mid 20s and let the low ballers talk you down to something you can agree on.
            But yeh... fetching price on the dc5r these days isnt that good,
            20-25 is my guesstimate for yours.
            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Mid 20s??? Not a chance. Your average DC5R has between 60 and 90kms and goes for between $22 and $25k. Let's be realists here. 160,000kms is 10 years of travelling based on average kms of 15,000 per year (what Red Book is calculated on). An 03 DC5R with 70kms is worth $17k in todays market wholesale. Your car is worth $9-11k wholesale if stock and 7/10 condition and $13-15k privately sold. Here's the Red Book on a 2002 DC5R.

Private Price Guide $19,400 - $21,900
              Trade In Price Guide $15,300 - $17,800
              Average Km 60,000 - 110,000
              Price When New (RRP)* $43,990
              Last edited by m0nty; 16-09-08, 07:34 PM.

Comment

That hurts might have to keep the car if thats the case.

Comment

yes keep is good.. i got my dc5r 03 cheap.. i'll just say it 22k +all mods stock parts and stock radio+speakers as he had all custom. 23k rwc, full honda service too.. great car. not a single fault.

but yeah dc5r's we ssell between 22k+ private sale.. red book no one will sell there dc5 for 19k thats just sillly.. red book can kiss me (_*_)

Comment

Planning to return it back to stock kookie?
                    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                    sigpic
                    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Note: Not taking into account any mods, or if its it "perfect" condition.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post

Note: Not taking into account any mods, or if its it "perfect" condition.
                        I could call EVERY wholesaler I know in Sydney and come nowhere near $17k for a car such as his. The kms are just too high. Red Book fails in one department. Buyer demand. And a 160km DC5 doesn't rate highly on peoples shopping lists.

Traded an 04 Euro Sport with 72kms for $16.5 last week. You could sell 10 of those for every DC5R in the market.

Sorry if I seem blunt but just trying to keep your feet on the ground. As I do this for a living I see high expectations of used car values every day.
                        Last edited by m0nty; 16-09-08, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Above is what a bank would finance.

So he dosn't have problems with people having to pull out because of "unknown" reasons. If he can sell it for $22k, people will have no problems with getting finance for the vehicle.

And with a car like his he would be smarter to sell it privately then wholesale.

Comment

i agree with monty

actually there is no demand for such high kms dc5..ppl would spend $ for newer car these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Above is what a bank would finance.

So he dosn't have problems with people having to pull out because of "unknown" reasons. If he can sell it for $22k, people will have no problems with getting finance for the vehicle.

And with a car like his he would be smarter to sell it privately then wholesale.
                              You'd book a car like that OK? Who do you work for? Surely conditions for approval would be maximum 3 year term.

Comment

Working...
                              X