[VIC] - 2008 Renault Clio Sport 197

Car: 2008 Renault Clio Sport 197
    Colour: Albi Blue
    Factory Options: Panoramic sunroof, Bi-Xenon headlights, 6-Stack CD player
    Modifications: None
    Rego: Nov 2014
    Price: $16,000

Hi all,

I know this isn't a Honda, but it is a direct European rival/equivalent, so thought some would be interested.

I bought this Clio back in Feb 2013, after being on the look out for a 197 with specific options, which included:
    - Panoramic sunroof
    - Bi-Xenon headlights - With cornering lights
    - 6-Stack CD player

When this Albi Blue one popped up on Carsales, I looked at it, and placed a deposit down within 24 hours. The car has had 2 owners, including myself. The original owner kept all the original paper work, and gave it to me at sale. He use to travel all over Victoria for work, so most of the K's are highway. I bought the car with 108k km on it, and it currently sits on 113k km.

During my ownership, I've put on a set of Bridgestone RE002s on, and recently had the car serviced at City Renault in Richmond (2 weeks ago). Car has rego till Nov 2014, so it would be a hassle free car for the next 10k km. The only thing needing replacement at the last service was the window wipers. This car has been worry free since purchase, and has been a joy to own and drive.

In all honesty, I would put the Clio on par with my old DC5R when it was running 17's (with decent offset), coilovers, swaybars, intake and exhaust. Basically what most people do to there cars. The 2L engine makes the same peak power (147kw) as the K20a2, but has plenty more torque, so doesn't have to be reved out to make it's power. If you are in the market for a DC5R or EP3R, I'd have a look at this. After some research, only 4 Clio's were sold with the above options in Australia, and the headlights really set it apart.

The car does have a few marks on the body and rims, but nothing serious. No modifications have been performed to the car, so everything is still as it came from the factory.

Main reason for sale is that my partner and I have 2 cars, but only require 1, and she can't drive a manual. I haven’t gone to Carsales yet, as I would prefer to sell within the community.

Any questions, feel free to PM me, and I'm happy to meet up with people to show them the car, and go for a drive.

Pictures:

I can testify that the Clio Sport 197 handles like Robi says it does (my best mate owns one that I've driven plenty of times). It's more comfortable than a DC5R/S as well, so it's good if you're looking for a more daily orientated car.

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
      I can testify that the Clio Sport 197 handles like Robi says it does (my best mate owns one that I've driven plenty of times). It's more comfortable than a DC5R/S as well, so it's good if you're looking for a more daily orientated car.
      Thanks guy, did Paul end up selling his yet? I couldn't find it on Carsales.

Comment

Bump, I'll be working in Geelong next Monday if anyone would like to view the car that lives down that way.

Comment

$500 + a banana bread?

Comment

cute car

Comment

Originally posted by dcII View Post
              $500 + a banana bread?
              Pfft, you couldn't even get banana bread anymore!

Originally posted by spyda00 View Post
              cute car
              I don't know if I should delete that comment or not.

Comment

i most def get banana bread lol my dad can get it for me =]

Comment

I don't know if I should delete that comment or not.[/QUOTE]

Why? i think it looks good like a mini megane

Comment

I just use to get a heap of crap from people about it being cute when I first bought it... But none said it looked like a baby-Megane. That'd fine :-p

Comment

Their crazy Renault's are nice, one of those sports cars where the stock ride hight looks good from the factory.
                      remember the stock hight on a dc5R ? just didnt look right !

Hopefully it will sell quick for you

Comment

Working...
                      X