2010 Macau Fortuna Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Macau Fortuna Cup

"Almost DC5 one make race" with a couple of FD2s' racing in the famous Macau street circuit

Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/17231634
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Very nice video Nelson!
    - Project R -

Comment

WTF they all take a beating... i'd glad risk my life going there and collecting all the jdm rear ends falling off

Comment

I wonder what specs they have on their car. Lovely circuit eh. Wish we had something like that in perth.

Comment

great find Calsonic R32, would you have an footage or links to the CTM touring car race with the faster DC5 in the category?
          Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            I wonder what specs they have on their car. Lovely circuit eh. Wish we had something like that in perth.
            In the hotel Fortuna HKG/Mac interport race cars are strictly group N cars so they have to run Group N ECU, no bodywork or suspesnion geometry changes allowed ie widening of guards or aftermarket ball joints, tie rods, relocation of steering rack to cure bump steer on dc5. Everyone has much the same car bar setup and quality of prep. They run control slicks.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
              great find Calsonic R32, would you have an footage or links to the CTM touring car race with the faster DC5 in the category?
              Yes I do. I can upload it if you want...

but not sure if everyone here wants to see those DC5s beaten by a Holden Cruze

hehe
              Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Would be great if you could.

Most here prob wont like to see that but heck that's was the result and China Dragon racing one of the top teams that used to campaign Hondas back in the eg/ek/dc2 days. When I saw the results I thought it was one of their crappy Peugeots, this must be their new weapon then. The runner up from 778 autosport still dc5 right? The Lo bros finished so far apart this year it would be interesting to see why.

So hard to find anything decent on youtube in its entirety, if you have the road sport race and GT race that would be great too. Met this guy Siu in hk last year, he drove as well as sponsored this year so wont mind see how he drove at this track.

Comment

Nel, Please post the CTM Cup race too! I really enjoyed the Fortuna Cup's action from the first few laps as well as the lead up to the finishing lap.

I remember the EGs and EKs used to race against Corolla Levins. When did it become a one make DC5 race?

Comment

2004 was the last year eg/ek/dc2 were eligible where they made up 95% of the field with the odd AE111 in the field and an EP3 or two as pioneers.

2005 onwards it become a dc5 class practically with the odd EP3 in the mix, both in Group N ( Fortuna Cup ) and A ( CTM touring car cup ). Toyota Altezzas and Peugeot 306s appear in decent numbers too though still minorities.

I heard they wanted to outlaw the dc5 after 2010 and make it exclusively FD2 only, not sure if everyone would be financial to purchase a used FD2/built new one and recoupe very little for their out of class dc5 that normally gets sold to SE Asian countries like Malaysia and Thailand cheap as end of racing life vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                    X