Cheap circuit helmets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap circuit helmets??

hey im looking to do track and shiz. anyone know where i can get a cheap helmet?? does it need to be full face?? cheers.
    BEAU

buy a new one bro...... you sweat alot in a helmet.

Comment

cheap generally mean heavier and less comfortable helmets and generally get hotter quicker...

Comment

the best...if you can find your local street bike forums and find them selling them for 2nd. I sold my shoei helmet which i regret now as i'm going to track next year....i bought brand new for $800 and sold for $280.

Comment

It doesn't have to be full face to race at the track, just ADR approved. Any motorcycle helmet would do.

If you do indeed buy second hand, you have to make sure that you're able to test the helmet before purchasing it. Its vital that it fits well.

Comment

only need to meet Australian Standard and should have a sticker.

i just bought an AGV K3 Rossi rep for around $300 and it's pretty good for the price.

Comment

Get a decent motorbike helmet. Full face and visor. I actually drive with the visor up, but when I do go karts its very nice to have a visor. And with a removable, washable interior.

If you want to do drags the compliance required is a step more modern than the tracks require, at least it is here. Check the requirements to make sure you cover all the possible uses.

$300 will get you a very good helmet for track use. The top end bike helmets like shoei are great for bikes but a bit over the top for cars.

Comment

bicycle helmet
                a friend of mine went to local motorbike store and got decent one for $200. Forgot what brand it was.
                - Project R -

Comment

Southg gippsland highway in melbourne south eastern suburbs.. ADR approved & they sell em for as low as $99!! Just opened few months ago..
                  'Whatever. Go fetch my car!'

Comment

lucky i got a motorbike beau!

when you hitting the track/where?

Comment

probly qr at this stage due to lakesides noise regs, dont have any particular date set yet but probly end of november. care to join?

Comment

Got this for like $120.

Walked into a bike shop (At Springwood) that was having a huge sale, told them I don't own a bike, don't intend on owning a bike, and just need a helmet for taking my car to Willowbank and QR... and the occasional Go Kart day. He knew it had to be Aus/NZ approved (As they get quiet a few people buying helmets with the same request), and all I had to do was pick the one without the stupid tribal pattern on it.

Comment

so Robi, coming to QR on the 30th?

i just swapped my stock wheels back and i'm ready to go.

Beau, forget Nov come to the QR sprints on the 30th Oct!!!

Comment

wow we should really get a few boys to come out! and get some track work!

Comment

I got my helmet from https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php a while ago, sometimes you can get last year's model cheap. I got mine for around 160 when it use to be 600 bucks.
                              CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Working...
                              X