No announcement yet.

dc2R race cars imported to OZ - a bit of trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the seats get stolen whilst you were getting it serviced????

Comment

Originally posted by xTiGeRx View Post
      Did the seats get stolen whilst you were getting it serviced????
      yes

the original red recaros were stolen from the dealership

...they were replaced but not with the Red - they are impossible to find in good nic these days too!!
      touching on the seats for that matter...
      **if anyone would like to swap red recaros in good cond for near new black recaros (seat covers always worn) i would even be prepared to swap + pay cash for the right set. **

Comment

i got excited reading this thread
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Hold on... u had red REcaros... yet they give u black... like wtf

Comment

That really sucks! They were stolen AT the dealership while getting serviced!

I would be absolutely furious!

Were the red recaros the same type of red recaros that are found in the forsale section? Was there any distinct difference in the seats? Markings? Serial numbers?

Comment

I would have thought that if any parts from your Honda were stolen at a Honda Dealership whilst you had Your Honda there during service they'd be accountable for any theift or mishaps having your car in their possesion ? Sounds very suspect to be me mate. I'd be after blood if it was me!!!!!!! Times a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

hey guys, regarding the seats - i am totally in agreement that Honda should have been accountable to replace these seats with the original red ones - but sadly, the previous owner was having it serviced at Larke Hoskines when this happened, not me. i would be chasing a lost cause if i tried to pursue this further with the help of previous owner.

but like i said, the seats were replaced with brand new black ones so they are in absolutely MINT condition! i still have the sticker on the inside of the door which says its a black/red interior code for proof it had red recaros.
                i always wanted a CHW ITR with red recaros but when you look for 6 months and you finally find a clean example...i was never going to dismiss it solely for that reason...and now with the little bit extra info about this particular ITR i am glad i chose it

Comment

amazing find mate...........

more pics please........
                  my sale thread 21.01.12
                  CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by little mozart View Post
                    the previous owner was having it serviced at Larke Hoskines when this happened, not me. i would be chasing a lost cause if i tried to pursue this further with the help of previous owner.
                    From what I asked you said it happened when you we're in possesion of the vehicle...

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

What arrea is this car from?

Inner west? I think I have seen it on the road previously.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        From what I asked you said it happened when you we're in possesion of the vehicle...
                        as previously stated, they were stolen from the dealership when the car was getting serviced, i have also confirmed in the above posts that it was with the previous owner.
                        dialogue tends to get misinterpreted via forums - i hope its quite clear now.

Originally posted by JORDS View Post
                        What arrea is this car from?

Inner west? I think I have seen it on the road previously.
                        i work in the inner west but don't live around there. the previous owner was from breakfast point.

ohh... and i have been the owner since january 2010 - just got my mugen air intake yesterday! sounds amazing haha!!!

Comment

lol I think I know who's car this is.

or maybe not... did the car used to have TE37s? I don't remember bonnet pins being on this car, but then again this was years ago.
                          ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

the previous owner has a famous/unique first name...

if the guy your thinking of previously owned this fits that criteria...it might be him.

but no i don't remember him mentioning anything about TE37's, somehow i think you are definitely talking about the wrong guy

Comment

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
                              /\ that sounds about right...
                              There's one I know of still punting around in IPRA U2L. (Greham Cox - Back to Eden DC2R)
                              This was originally an ex Indy DC2R & 1st raced in GTP, then IPRA
                              Cool car, here it is. (With bonnet pins and cage)

Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

nice find berty!!

my one previously had stickers on the roof with aussie home loans - we'll save you on each corner closest to the rear windshield.

here is a little photo i have taken of another little extra that she came with..

see if u can spot it

Comment

Working...
                                X