soft brakes after track day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soft brakes after track day

Ok so after the track day yesterday (where i improved my PB by 2.2 sec) my brakes are a bit soft. like the pedal isnt as firm when i push onto it as it used to be...

i am using ferodo ds2500 pads and stock everything else

car is a DC2R

what would be the cause? brake fluid boiling air into the lines?

i had this last time and soon after the pedal feel improved so i guess it will do the same this time.. but i'd like the pedal feel to stay the same throughout the day..

does anyone know what this is caused by?

On a side note does anyone use Ferodo3000 pads? i have read that they have a higher coefficient of friction and work at higher temps.. i tend to change my pads just for track days.. and drive around for only a few weeks with my track pads so how well do 3000's work when cold and would they improve my mushy pedal feel?

Bleed your brakes.
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Bleed your brakes or replace the fluid, simple as that...
      NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

yea wat they said.. jus bleed it and itll be fine..

Comment

Used DS2500 before and apparently the pads are not for track conditions especially when the track needs heaps of high speed braking. the pedal will get spongy when the pads or brake fluid overheat so just like what everyone said, replace the fluid to something with higher standard if you are using stock Honda fluid.

Not too sure about DS3000 but don't think it will help much.... but higher coefficient of friction also means more heat, and the max temp is just a lie anyway.
          For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

just your fluid, my ds2500's are fine after eastern creek and wakefield,

usign motul RBF600 fluid though...

how *old* is whatever fluid you are using?

if over 12 mnths, time to flush it all out and replace with new fluid... as a bleed wont really help if it is old fluid...
            ... retired/

Comment

congrats on the PB
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                just your fluid, my ds2500's are fine after eastern creek and wakefield,

usign motul RBF600 fluid though...

how *old* is whatever fluid you are using?

if over 12 mnths, time to flush it all out and replace with new fluid... as a bleed wont really help if it is old fluid...
                Yeah i heard wakefield needs less hard braking comparing to QR, not sure about eastern creek though
                For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

mallala is very hard one brakes.. its all harpins

mmm... i think the fluid might be getting on a bit.. would be keen to replace it for some motul 600 esp if it stops the mushyness.... BUT.. i dont really know how to replace the brake fluid.. i have heard its not that simple...

and what about using non standard fluid and it damaging the honda lines and seals cos of different characteristics etc etc???

PS: thanks tinks, still got WAY more improving to do..

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                    mallala is very hard one brakes.. its all harpins

mmm... i think the fluid might be getting on a bit.. would be keen to replace it for some motul 600 esp if it stops the mushyness....

ok, if you are on standard fluid - that CERTAINLY is your problem!

BUT.. i dont really know how to replace the brake fluid.. i have heard its not that simple...

it is fairly simple.

and what about using non standard fluid and it damaging the honda lines and seals cos of different characteristics etc etc???

man, the lines are made of steel

PS: thanks tinks, still got WAY more improving to do..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=flush

is the ozhonda DIY, i provided input to it, so it reckon it is pretty spot on

it can be done without jackstands too...

i personally can do it with out even jacking the car up!!!

but i also personally do it with the engine running too - i think it bleeds the ABS better, but this is just my suspicion...
                    ... retired/

Comment

i reckon i need 3 people for this.. 1 doing the pedal pumping, 1 topping up the master cylinder.. the third playing with the nipple

i suspect that the best approach is to release the nipple bolt as the pedal is being pumped.. then tighten it back up BEFORE the down part of the pump is finished.. effectively stopping the down pump.. then release the pedal which takes fluid from the master cylinder.. then repeat till the fluid coming out of the nipple is all clear..

right tinks?

Comment

I can do it all by myself, takes a bit longer than 2 people doing it, and I also use more fluid doing it by myself.
                        Last edited by vtml; 04-11-06, 09:19 PM.
                        I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Working...
                        X