Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rims for track work - DC5?

Hey guys

I'm considering to start joining a track club and entering track days.

Just got an issue with the wheel choices. Im definately going to get a cheap set of rims that i can have semislicks on for trackwork only.

Now i have a dc5, im not sure which wheels to go for;

R32 GTR wheels 16x8 +30
    DC5R Wheels 16x6.5 +45
    DC5S Wheels 17x7 +45

These wheels will only be for the track, but im unsure of which wheel to go for. I'm leaning towards the gtr wheels as im guessing tires will be cheaper, but also because I can run a bigger profile on them too..

Opinions?

Go for GTR wheels. 225 is a better tyre to go for and the offset also helps.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Yeah i seen u had the gtr wheels pn ur car... Ummm are the gtr wheels made by rays?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

And are they forged or cast?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Forged, weigh about 16lb apparently which is the same as a 16x6.5 DC5R stock wheel. No idea who makes them, perhaps it is stamped on the back of the wheel.

Of those choices the R32 wheels are the winner, 225/50R16 tyres are relatively cheap and plentiful and more width never hurts.

Comment

on that note, might get a set for myself too (r32)

Comment

heheh ahh WIll! .... how was ur exam bro? i'll keep my eye out for 2 sets ok. i seen them on yahoo auctions landed for around 800.....

Comment

cheers bro.
                fuck you confuse me with your mates accounts lol..
                assuming thats you alex

Comment

wtf Alex, man everyday your car is heading off in different directions haha! didnt know u wanted to be a track slut

Comment

i know right, im thinking split personality!!

can't wait to be a track slut..

Comment

haha definately, looks after only 2 days i can deffer from "eating my own face'" waiting for holidays, only 2 exams left then RPF1's yumyum

Comment

Get in quick... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-skylin...item4cefdc0aba

Although I'm pretty sure they're GTST rims and they're not quite as aggressive as the GTR ones...

Comment

Thanks mate, yeah i seen them. Their the GTST ones, cos their silver. 16x6.5 +40 i think the offset is.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

I'm putting mine up for sale... stay tuned if anyone's interested.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Forged, weigh about 16lb apparently which is the same as a 16x6.5 DC5R stock wheel. No idea who makes them, perhaps it is stamped on the back of the wheel.

Of those choices the R32 wheels are the winner, 225/50R16 tyres are relatively cheap and plentiful and more width never hurts.
                              On this note, would anyone recommend a wheel spec besides those listed?

All i know is that its based on fitting a certain tyre size and 225 seems to be a general consensus. With a healthy sidewall.

don't think my 18x9.5+30s would be the best setup? without big power

Sorta thinking something like 17x9..not sure what offset tho

Comment

Working...
                              X