• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU fuse keeps blowing on track

Has anyone experienced this before...

I was in WP today.

Car was running fine until...
    in the 5th lap of the 2nd session, just before Turn 2, the car shut down itself all of sudden. Engine stopped, no power steering no nothing. Car still got electricity, just couldn't start the engine.

Towed my car back to the shelter. Rang up a few people seeking help. My mechanics told me to check the fuses... so I checked them one by one...

Found the Engine Management (E/M) fuse was blown. Replaced it with a spare 15A. Car started again immediately...

So I went out again, but this time... couldnt even complete a lap... at Turn 10... the car stalled again

Open the fuse box, the fuse I 've just replaced 5mins ago...blown

Managed to pull out another 15A from somewhere and replace the blown one. Car started once again. But I decided to call it a day and head back to Sydney. On the way home I bought more spare fuses just in case.

Nothing happened on the way back, I was doing 90km/h all the way though. Straight to my mechanics, nothing loose, nothing damaged, nothing wrong with VTEC.

FYI I am running PowerFC.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 30-07-09, 09:35 PM.
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

How long has the PowerFC been fitted? Is it your first track day with this ECU?

Comment

No
      been using this powerfc for 1yr

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

what injectors?

what other mods?

any water ingress?
        ... retired/

Comment

stock injectors

mods in engine bay: I/H/E, B16B/B18C hybrid

no water ingress

Comment

probly a wiring harness issue?

shorting a signal/sensor wire to earth possibly?
            ... retired/

Comment

Look for spots on the engine harness where it is touching or very close to body or engine as it may have rubbed through but only shorts with bigger movement (on track). also just cheak the conections for power fc. good luck in finding it.

Comment

Working...
              X