Light Tune DC2R Qtr Mile under 14s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Tune DC2R Qtr Mile under 14s?

Just curious.. but with good mods: I/H/E/Ecu/Flywheel/Susy can she go under 14sec for a quarter mile?

basically i want to know what sort of potential the car has without opening the engine up and doing cams/pistons/springs/injectors etc etc which costs big $

reason i ask about the quarter mile is that i cant really think of any other performance measures that will let me easily compare it to other cars. Qtr mile times are not very fair to the FWD DC2R because they are so hard to launch.. but anyway...

apparently stock Audm DC2R does the Qtr in ~15s

any fool can go in a straight line. compare it with track times. the DC2R wasnt designed for straight line performance.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i think standard DC2R can comfortably do 7s 0-100kmh and 15s flat for 0-400m.
      i did two 0-100km/h runs in mine with robin's Gtech, with the following:
      - zeal coilovers (probably too stiff at the front and over 3deg of negative camber so not ideal setup for streight-line acceleration, setup for circuit)
      - mbit headers, stock jdm cat (didnt have my WedsSport one yet) and FGK PG, MugenN1 ecu, stock intake ~10kw@wheels more than standard
      - standard flywheel and clutch with ~120,000kms on them
      - i think i had my 17s on with road tyres, not the stockies with re55s but cant remember 100%

keeping in mind i had two runs only and am not a regular traffic ligh gp contender, so my launches leave a bit to be desired..
      first one was 7s flat, with too much revs on the launch, wheelspin and rev limmiter reached for just a fraction of a sec .. robin said it sounded nuts from the side of the road though
      second time i did a 6.8s run which was better, but still i think it had potential for a few tenths more off..maybe 6.5 or 6.6?

so interpolating that over 400m, i think with lightened flywheel you could get low 14s/very high 13s..but i am just speculating..anyone have some actual results?
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

oh, and relating to potential vs other cars, i think robin managed a 5.8s pass in his old s15 using the same Gtech meter, and 5.1s in his M3 CS. i think gerard did a 5.2s run in his evo9 too..

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
          any fool can go in a straight line. compare it with track times. the DC2R wasnt designed for straight line performance.
          please stay on topic, i know the dc2r is made for track not straight line.. i fukn own one... i want this to be a discussion about straight line performance.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
            Just curious.. but with good mods: I/H/E/Ecu/Flywheel/Susy can she go under 14sec for a quarter mile?
            Depending on the quality of the I/H/E. Get it tuned as there are gains to be made. As for quater look at the Clubitr times. There's the quarter mile listed there. Our type R ran 13.6@100-101MPH semi stripped with I/H/E ECU and tune. More then possible to go under 14's.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Also I reckon it will make some difference if you really know how to launch ur car without too much wheel spin and wheel hopping......that may cut back and other 3-5 ten of a sec.......and good clutch will help transfer power down the wheels better too.....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

its about the driver as well

Comment

in stock form i ran my dc2r and went 14.6

then with intake, headers and exhasut and semi slicks went 14.2
                  then i decided to boost it on unopened motor and best so far 12.88
                  my sale thread 21.01.12
                  CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

+1 for it is possible. I have seen a DC2R with I/H/E and tune run 13s with a good driver.

Comment

mine ran 13.9 with I/H/E untuned on average street tyres with only rear seats removed, with more practice 13.7-13.8 was possible

Comment

great stuff!

Comment

gosh i must be crap at launching :/ lol

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                            mine ran 13.9 with I/H/E untuned on average street tyres with only rear seats removed, with more practice 13.7-13.8 was possible
                            What you launch it at? 5500rpm?

How do you minimise wheel hop? Feather the clutch?
                            "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

i suspect its a mixture of slight wheels spin and slight clutch burn

Comment

Working...
                              X