iPhone TrackDay application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone TrackDay application

Has anyone used this and are there any things a newby should be aware of?

I'm interested in it mainly for lap timing rather than the quarter mile, 0-60 stuff. I think that it would be similar to a G-tec in that if it is calibrated and mounted accurately it should give accurate results.

I calibrated it on a level, square wall and the lateral G's look okay on the display (lay it on its sides and it measures 1G) but the acceleration and braking G's never get up to the full 1G when I hold the phone vertically. This seems weird as I've recalibrated it a few times with the same results. Any ideas?

Any tips for mounting the buggers? Just jam it somewhere where its not going to move, preferably somewhere flat?

And finally does anyone know the frontal area (metres squared) and drag co-efficent of a DC2R?
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

ive got this ap, the frontal area and drag co-efficient i think is on wiki.

I would have used it last track day in Chargers car but my battery was too low. I will be using it this track day on the 30th.

As for the acceleration, it can be laid flat. I tested it and it was fairly good from what i could test.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Thanks Didz

I'm going to try it on the 30th too - I'm a black DC2R with white CRV wheels
      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Working...
      X