eastern creek - Super Circuit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eastern creek - Super Circuit!!!

thanks to Circuit Club for sharing this!

http://wp.circuitclub.com.au/?p=425

THE NEW EASTERN CREEK?
    narada August 7th, 2008

Today, Eastern Creek announced their master plan to develop the circuit to a world-class facility, which includes three interlinked tracks offering six different permutations.

John Cotter, the President of the ARDC, announced that the master plan would be a way to cover for the impending closure of Oran Park, as well as provide world-class facilities to hold world class events, such as Japanese Super GT, FIA GT World Championship and GP2 Asia.

Equally as important, the different combinations of circuits will offer smaller, more economically feasible track configurations to be used for club level events, such as Circuit Club Trackdays.

Pending funds, the track could be built within 2 years. When asked how likely they would be able to acheive the funding, John Cotter replied: “90%”
    [more at link]

w00t!

bring this shit on!!!!

great timing for JSCC!!!
    ... retired/

Oh Yeah!!!
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

I read this a few weeks ago. It was part of Sydney's bid to host the F1GP. If it's going to be built to FIA standards it won't be made available for us punters without having to mortgage everything we own. Hopefully it does make the current circuit cheaper.

Comment

yeah, $93 million is a lot of beans to recoup...
        ... retired/

Comment

Woot>....
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

awesome news!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

I'd pay a pretty penny to drive it!

Who cares? How many people can say they've driven on an F1 circuit?

I'd certainly be up for it!

Hopefully Circuit Club host a few track days out there when it's built!
              Race Supplies Sydney
              Tax refund burning a hole in your pocket? GoPro Motorsport camera's for $259.99!

Don't put it off! Email GoProCamera@optusnet.com.au now to get yours today!

Comment

LOL, super sprints on a F1 circuit ftw!! lololol
                RWD + Boost =

Comment

For the record, they're still a long way from getting FIA approval for F1 to be held at Eastern Creek.

Comment

Absolutely, but if they design it well (particularly if they keep in mind night racing as Bernie is pushing for here), i think it will have a good chance.

They've run night races before there, 12 hour races, twilight track days.

The fact they could set-up massive flood lights everywhere on a permanent circuit, not around a difficult-to-light up street circuit, could tip it in it's favour. That may help them secure finance too.
                    Race Supplies Sydney
                    Tax refund burning a hole in your pocket? GoPro Motorsport camera's for $259.99!

Don't put it off! Email GoProCamera@optusnet.com.au now to get yours today!

Comment

international circuit ftw!
                      RWD + Boost =

Comment

would be nice if vic had some renovations like this happening...
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          would be nice if vic had some renovations like this happening...
                          True, but this still doesn't make up for us losing OP at year end.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceSupplies View Post
                            I'd pay a pretty penny to drive it!

Who cares? How many people can say they've driven on an F1 circuit?

I'd certainly be up for it!

Hopefully Circuit Club host a few track days out there when it's built!
                            i can lol

albert park is still set up for ages after the event and with some movement of barriers its free to use!
                            DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by RaceSupplies View Post
                              Who cares? How many people can say they've driven on an F1 circuit?!
                              Me too! Sepang International Circuit - well, not really drive but rode my motorcycle.

It was surprisingly affordable though for open practice, but even then, the setup and organisation was top class.
                              MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                              X