Drag procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag procedures

Last night i went to the drags and got a 15.5 @ 144kph with a 2.6 60ft time. Obviously the 60ft time is letting me down, so im wondering how you guys launch? That run was on 25 psi. I was about to run 18 psi but the track was closed due to rain.

And yes i know these cars are not drag cars but whho says you cant give it a go anyways

My car is a dc2 vti-r with hks filter.

i ran last night aswell . down at WSID in my stock EK4 with Tein HA sussy and custom 70mm CAI. standard exhaust/ecu/clutch and fly/oem honda oils, and running Shell 98RON, 2nd hand no brand tyres on 20psi and 50psi on the rear.

on my best run, i managed a 2.3 60ft time, 6k rpm launch, ride for about 0.5seconds and then dumped. ET of 14.790 @ 91.XX mph

Comment

14.7 sounds pretty good for a stock EK4!!

Comment

heres the time slip LOL

Comment

that a very good time Zico..

were u running full bodied.. all seats etc etc

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

chee,

you need to *practice* at the drag strip to improve your time,

i started with 2.5 60's and gradually made it to 2.3's then 2.2's then a few 2.1's

you just need to practice and see how your car is best "launched" from the slippery starting line...

i would stay above 20PSI in your tyres!

i ran with 15psi once and it was fine until i turned at the end, when the tyre came off the rim

ZCO - brilliant time champ, well done!
            ... retired/

Comment

oh, and Chee - that is still a good time for a almost stock car
              ... retired/

Comment

i ran without seats and the spare tyre.
                Last edited by zco; 21-09-06, 04:51 PM.

Comment

yep setting up the car right counts alot.

Comment

yeah 15.5 was my last run before being rained out. then dropped it to 18 psi and i didnt like how the tyres were looking! (yokohama es100s)

yeah i think its hard to practice drag launches anywhere else than at the strip since the conditions are alot different and they are harder to replicate.

and do any of you guys do burnouts pre launch?

Comment

my car doesnt produce enuf power to do burnout i dont htink LOL

in all honestly, i wouldnt know how to do one. never tried, never thoguht about doing one LOL. sorry for noobness. it was my first time at the runs last night

Comment

Chee I saw you run last night, it's ok for stock VTi-R, last week I got 14.7 with ITR but still my 60" time is not that good I got 2.4 but I hope with new tyres I'll get to maybe 2.2.

zco your time is very good expecialy for a first timer

Comment

also checked out my filter element and its heavily clogged up, so ill replace that :P

Comment

Working...
                          X