Fuel starvation LH turns when tracking? Especially Phillip Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel starvation LH turns when tracking? Especially Phillip Island

Does anyone else’s car do this? The reason for the post is that my car does this at Phillip Island and no where else (most frustrating).

My DC2R does it, I know of a GTP DC2R with a foam filled tank that did it and I know that some other DC2Rs don’t do it.. Why??!!!

I’ve had it happen at the past, a few years ago, coming on to the front straight when my tank is low, filling the tank seemed to cure it. I know that VTML had the same problem and running with full tanks stopped it.

I went down a few weeks ago and the car was doing it coming on to the front straight, after southern loop and after Siberia coming up to Lukey heights. That is 3 times on the one lap, and all after left hand corners.

A guy driving with me had the same thing happen to him when he was driving it and reckoned it was knocking about 2 secs off our lap times – I’m dog slow at PI anyway and really don’t need the added handicap.

The turns themselves don’t seem that long or high lateral G (especially not Siberia and the last turn is the only one where I have my foot hard on the gas) and I have never had this trouble running at other circuits (Winton, Calder and Sandown). On the road the car is fine, in corners and on the straight – pulls like a 14 year old.

On this particular day I was running with the tank as low as 1/3 full and with it fully brimmed, the problem occurred even on full tanks. The fuel filter is new and the lines are clean so has anyone got any other ideas?

I’m starting to think that it is the fuel pickup to the fuel pump. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they cured it?!?

Only happens at Phillip Island and only after left hand turns. It's driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by TAFKA TMB; 27-10-07, 08:00 PM.
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

i put a surge tank in...

that is the expensive option...

cheap option is to open up the tank and inspect teh pump assembly and pick up - maybe it can be improved? or modified to ensure better reach...

but if the stock pick up point is inadequate - there is nothing you can do, except surge tank...

in my DC2

in my 1983 Prelude:

... retired/

Comment

That's a different way of doing it dave. Wouldn't it have been easier/cheaper having the surge tank not pressurised an the fuel pump after the surge tank?
      F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Working...
      X