No announcement yet.

Wheel and Tyre track setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet sounds good. thanks for the input. hoping a higher offset than yours on tthe front wont cause issues on the inside next to the struts etc. based on what i read on the net its all good but will be paranoid till its all fitted.

thanks again.

i am planning to run the hankook rs3 as i said for street and track unless there is a better bang for buck 200 dollar a corner budget that i can look into ? i head the dunlop direzza star tyres are pretty good but not sure who sells them in the campbelltown or surrounding areas

Comment

also, from what i understand from the searches ive done, with my staggered set up i cant rotate tyres which means front cant go to the back and vice versa ? is there anyway that i can extend tyre life of the hankook rs3 ? like flip the front 2 with each other and the back 2 with each other. i dont really want to put the 9 inch rims at the back and 8s at the front to rotate the tyres. hoping their is something that can be done about this

Comment

Yeah i am in the same shoes as you. I only have 1mm left on my ku36 before hitting the wear indicators and its only been 6 months of weekend driving
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

farr out ! not lasting at all .. lol.
          well guys, input on me running 235 all round on both the 9 inch and 8 inch then when required, get the tyres stripped and rotated ? (wanting to keep the 9 inch wheels at front all the time)

Comment

Originally posted by RA73DR View Post
            input on me running 235 all round on both the 9 inch and 8 inch then when required, get the tyres stripped and rotated ? (
            yeah, this is an option,

but be careful if you think it is a good idea to swap unevenly worn tyres from RHS to LHS - it's not
            ... retired/

Comment

Yeah I would only rotate my wheels from the front to back. Not left to right
              Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                Yeah I would only rotate my wheels from the front to back. Not left to right
                my comment was relating to OP's question about stripping and rotating only the TYRES left to right, rotating the wheels (and tyres) will preserve the wear angles and is less problematic...
                ... retired/

Comment

hmmm ok guess that would be a better solution then, run same size all round and then eventually when baller status and more work done to the motor can run bigger at front. would you recommend me to get 235 all round or 245 ? not sure if 245 on 8 inch at the back of a dc5r will give me a head ache ? keep in mind daily, and as many track days as possible in the future

Comment

Go 225-235 on the 8j
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

ok just an update ended up getting 235/45 all round. thought rather than starting on the expensive side, ill work my way up. they are dunlop direzza z102 or something like that ? lol. coming in on monday, will get them fitted and put them on the car, hopefully it wont scrub as i am a bit low at the moment due to spring sag. but still at good height i think a finger gap in between tyre and guard. ill let you know how they fit and put up some pics for anyone in future who reads this. if they dont rub i plan to leave them on if not, wheels come off, sit back on stock wheels till coilovers go in.

Comment

Working...
                      X