• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia Grand Prix

Hello All,

Did not see a thread about this. Thought I'd ask a few questions:

1) Who is going?
    2) SCRATCH THIS.
    3) How come they still don't have the schedule up? Thinking about only doing one of the days...

Cheers,
    chikai
    Last edited by chikai; 28-01-07, 03:48 PM.

Which grand prix are you talking about? Only Aus Grand prix for MotoGP is at Phillip Island and that's at closer to the end of the year. Or world superbikes? Or are you talking about the Formula 1 grand prix at albert park?
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

opps

http://www.grandprix.com.au/

This site is horrible...information on it is spotty. I meant the F1 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park....NOT Phillip Island.

Comment

The final schedule won't be up like close to the starting day coz the things are not finallized yet.....i worked there and we won't know until the last minute.......you will get more info next early Feb.....believe the best place to watch is at home...or get the general pass and walk around the place and find a good spot on the day.....don't go to the stands.....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I have been on the crown stand at T1, awesome spot. you get to watch all the f1 cars come down the straight, brake into T1 and take T2 and floor it out.

the sound these machines produces is just hair raising. i remember i was heading towards the stand and i had to walk across the bridge over the circuit and the f1 cars were flying past under me, you could just feel the speed these things go at.

definately an experience you cant get while watching at home. you get free food/alcohol inside the crown stand ftw!!

Comment

my bad~
            Last edited by s1five; 29-01-07, 10:25 AM. Reason: woops double post

Comment

thanks guys...

one question...I'm trying to book tickets out of Mel back to Syd. Looking to leave around 5pm on Sunday. Is that reasonable? Do you think I'll catch the final race? Or should I leave later?

Comment

race start at 2 and will finish 4-5 ish....you won't be able to get out of there around that time...you should book later in the day...
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good part of the city to stay?

So far most of the places near Albert Park are in the $300-$400 per night range!!! Supply and demand I guess...

More importantly are there any parts of Melbourne I should definitely avoid? Besides the Grand Prix, I'll be spending some time checking out the city, so central location prefered.

Cheers,
                  chikai

Comment

Victoria Hotel in the city
                    it is cheap a while back
                    350Z

350 Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X