Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all with tracking experiences

Hi all,

As i'm new to FWD, i would like to know how do you guys normally trackle the corners. I mean for RWD, when trying to trackle a "right hand side" corner, we always stick to the most left before turning. A fast in fast out approach. What about FWD?

And what about the suspension setup? My silvia used to have 8k front 6k rear, which meant stiffer in the front. Does fwd has opposite requirements like stiffer at the rear??

Any help will be great.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
    Hi all,

As i'm new to FWD, i would like to know how do you guys normally trackle the corners. I mean for RWD, when trying to trackle a "right hand side" corner, we always stick to the most left before turning. A fast in fast out approach. What about FWD?
    I think getting the car set up for the corner correctly is very important. Making the car turn-in, or rotate, is the key here I feel. Once the rear of the car is turning it allows you to start getting the power down again and driving out of the corner. Different people use different techniques... personally I like to brake as I turn deep into the corner so that the rear of the car begins to get lighter and turn more readily, then accelerate out.

Others may use different methods of course, and it also depends on the corner. I wouldn't use the above method on a downhill off-camber corner for instance, as you'll probably end up in a ditch.

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
    And what about the suspension setup? My silvia used to have 8k front 6k rear, which meant stiffer in the front. Does fwd has opposite requirements like stiffer at the rear??
    Depends on the car you're talking about. DC5R suspension setups usually run a higher spring rate at the rear than at the front. DC2R run higher front spring rates than the rear. It's all to do with the suspension configuration, you can't really compare just on the spring rate when there are totally different suspension setups in question.
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

front still stiffer than the rear
      break lateish into the corner and use trail breaking (start turn while still breaking) to get better turn in as the weight transfers to the front and this makes the rear light which helps it come around.

but there are much bigger track whores still to post.... wont be long

Comment

http://www.turnfast.com/

i hope that helps, as your question/s are not terribly clear...
        ... retired/

Comment

Working...
        X