My experiences and thoughts of Wakefield Park in a DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
    what happens when you put handbrake on??
    When you brakes/Rotors are still hot, it can cause them to warp.

edit: that is why people after switching of their motor leave it in gear to cool.

Comment

before ive always wondered how track conditions causes such problems for a car. heard of blown gaskets, thrown rods, over heated rotors/wheels etc, even for the all reliable k20.

i have a spirited drive all the time and never had these problems and got me paranoid that it could happen to me.

now after thinking about it, i realise the car goes through alot more than just shifting at redline on the track lol
      Last edited by fr4n; 02-08-12, 01:45 PM.

Comment

hmmm... I'm sure DBA would be interested to know what happened. All a bit odd. Seems like a design flaw as it looks like as you say, the crack starts from the little outer slot. I also cant see what that slot would do to help performance.

I once had a caliper crack! Turned out an entire batch of thousands of calipers had to be pulled from the market! Turned out they had bubbles in the metal and was a crappy alloy compound in that batch.

Comment

nah, DBA4000 crack if you track them...

replace them soon andrew
          ... retired/

Comment

Thats pretty rubbish then - DBA4000. YOu would be better off with stock discs!

Comment

Not too concerned, from memory I did get about 5 trackdays from them. Probably averaging 40-50 laps per track day too. Still, i think i may experiment with a different rotor design, wont hurt to try something new.
              eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by yanmayattai View Post
                Thats pretty rubbish then - DBA4000. YOu would be better off with stock discs!
                think tinkerbell meant if you abuse them for about 200 laps like i did on the track... dont think stock discs would be able to handle that abuse well either.
                eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                  think tinkerbell meant if you abuse them for about 200 laps like i did on the track... dont think stock discs would be able to handle that abuse well either.
                  yeah, mine cracked after around 250 laps,

but i still bought & installed another set!

go figure!!
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                    Not too concerned, from memory I did get about 5 trackdays from them. Probably averaging 40-50 laps per track day too. Still, i think i may experiment with a different rotor design, wont hurt to try something new.
                    Sounds like pretty decent wear to me, the most days I have got out of a set of rotors is 6. I've seen a number of the 4000 series rotors crack in the exact same spot, but my street series rotors cracked at the end of the slot as well and plain ones crack anyway so I don't think a change of slot design is really going to improve the longevity significantly.

Great write up by the way, it's been nearly half a decade since I have been to Wakefield in the Integra .

Comment

Awesome information!

Just curious, what coilovers were you running?

I always thought with proper r compound semi's, you could take advantage of all that grip more with stiffer spring rates
                      Last edited by aRze; 03-08-12, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aRze View Post
                        Awesome information!

Just curious, what coilovers were you running?

I always thought with proper r compound semi's, you could take advantage of all that grip more with stiffer spring rates
                        Coilovers are Ohlins PCV 8F/10R. Pretty sure they're valved for much stiffer springs but I never got around to upgrading them. I would've only done it once I think I've reached the limit but the car can still go faster
                        eckoflyte

Comment

great write up mate , will be my first time at wakefield shortly so will take your advice and get the pro driver to show me the short cuts ! does this mean i need to take a spare set of rotors and pads to wakefeld ? ive got a dc2r so no where as heavy .

Comment

Originally posted by KEVSY View Post
                            great write up mate , will be my first time at wakefield shortly so will take your advice and get the pro driver to show me the short cuts ! does this mean i need to take a spare set of rotors and pads to wakefeld ? ive got a dc2r so no where as heavy .
                            you wont need to change on the day. just install your rotors and pads you intend to use before the day and drive on up.
                            eckoflyte

Comment

Next time I go out I need someone with more experience to sit with me - my second day out at wakefield honda nats 2012 - I only manage 1:18.1 - I am sure I am doing the corners wrong - advise would be good
                              CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by pbk1776 View Post
                                advise would be good
                                watch in-car videos
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X