No announcement yet.

Damper settings for Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it does effect but probably not enough to notice it?

How about this, perfect smooth track, brand new layed surface.
    Session 1 softest damper (all round)
    Session 2 hardest damper (all round)

because the track is bump free and smooth theoretically there shouldn't be a difference in track times. Correct?
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Unfortunately not. The dampers will still affect vertical tyre loads and hence handling in the transient phases of the track ie. turn in, track out, accelerating out of a corner, braking. The effect will not be as large as say a 15% increase in spring rate or some other major change, but there will be an effect. The magnitude of the effect predominantly depends on the way the shock is valved and what the adjustment does.

Comment

All makes sense thanks!

I'm thinking running a F6 R8 setup for wakefield when I do go!

When I went to Eastern creek for the cams come and try day I got to drive on the New North Circuit and the whole track was quite smooth it self, the car handled exceptionally well although my tyres did let me down esp on a tight corner i could feel the tyres slipping. I'm planning on getting Re002's before I track.

It also felt like the tyre walls were almost rolling over, now I'd assume this would be due to Tyre pressure? All my tyres were at 37psi and they have a 55 profile.
        S2000
        WSID : TBA
        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Unfortunately not. The dampers will still affect vertical tyre loads and hence handling in the transient phases of the track ie. turn in, track out, accelerating out of a corner, braking. The effect will not be as large as say a 15% increase in spring rate or some other major change, but there will be an effect. The magnitude of the effect predominantly depends on the way the shock is valved and what the adjustment does.
          Can I make babies with your brain?

Comment

Working...
          X