SWIFT coilover springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWIFT coilover springs

PLease share your experience with using SWIFT springs as i am looking at changing my current eibach spring to SWIFT.

Also would like to know if my current spring are 200mm in length what will happen if i replace it with 180mm spring, eg. lost of travel bad effevt to handling etc....

reason behind it is i want the car to sit higher without having to pre-load my springs to get to my desire hegiht

I have used various Swift springs on my coilovers, can't fault them in any way but I have no experience with other brands.

A shorter spring will make your car lower, all else being equal but depending on the adjustment range of the spring perches you might be able to get the same ride height as previously. Running different spring length of the same rate will not help you get a higher ride height, however running a stiffer spring will give you a bit higher ride height. If you really need your car higher you need different coilovers as preloading the spring further is a bad idea.

Comment

my thinking to use 20mm shorter spring ( currently 200mm, Swift have both 203 or 178mm) so i can move the perch up further without pre-loading the thing to get higher stance, the only short fall i would be scare off is not enough spring travel as result.

Comment

I don't think a shorter spring will have the effect you desire. I will draw some diagrams later on today to illustrate why.

Comment

Working...
        X