ESMM DC5R Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESMM DC5R Inserts

Just received the motor mount inserts. How easy/hard is it to install. Is it worth atemping to do myself. I have tools that would be necessary for the job. There are 4 inserts in the pack. Is it one insert for every mount or do you use 2 inserts on 2 specific mounts both sides.

Keep in mind I havent looked the my DC5R mounts yet and plan on doing this install tmrw. So please try not to drill me for being a ESMM noob!

heres the walk through

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...highlight=esmm

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

The esmm can be installed without dropping the subframe as the guide on clubrsx advises. I did it without dropping the frame becuse I was not keen on the idea of messing up any of my alignment settings.

The front mount can be done just by removing the three bolts that hold it to the motor and the other long bolt, and wiggling the mount until you have enough room to slide each of the inserts in with some silicone spray/grease.

With the rear mount I disconnected the cat pipe/down pipe on the standard exhaust manifold and used the space it gave me to get the whole rear mount out, so I could more easily press the inserts in. The rear mount could be a bit more difficult if you have an aftermarket exhaust manifold, but you may be able to get enough room around the mount to press the inserts in without getting the mount completely out.

Also, you will probably need to jack up the rear of the motor to get the main bolt back through the mount, I am not sure whether the guide on CRSX tells you this and it took me a little while to work out why I could not get that bolt back in .

Good luck with it and let us know if we can help out .

Comment

Cheers, thats very helpful guyz

Comment

Did you get it done in the end?
          Would definetely consider doing it myself aswell if it wasn`t too hard.

Comment

Nah I didnt have time. I might have to get someone to do it for me. Anyone recommend someone that has does this before and wont charge me too much???

Comment

Working...
            X