Sub and Amp Question on Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub and Amp Question on Type S

Hey guys just wondering is it possible to run a sub and amp using the stock type S head deck? ive seen people running a sub and amp using the stock head unit but i was wondering does it require any mods? or is it just a sub, amp and wiring kit plug and play?

thanks!

it's possible but you require a converter since the stock unit has no RCA input. the converter will make it work but the sound doesn't sound right and the stock headunit will always be holding back the quality.

i had this setup in my car but i pulled it. it's much easier/sounds better just grabbing an aftermarket headunit.

Comment

It is possible with a line out converter, although the stock headunit won't be to supply enough to power the sub to make it sound decent.

Comment

It's possible but will sound like CRAP.. RCA converter's are crap and if you piggy back of you rear speaker's it will make them sound like crap ... Speakers have a resistance and adding a other direction will reduce resistance in the circuit making all sound SHIT!! Go to jb hi fi buy a single din spacer for your car. Buy a after market deck with 3 pairs of RCA out. For front rear and sub.. Buy a 4 channel amp for speakers and a mono amp for sub... and change all speakers according to the rms power out put on the amp!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it once do it RIGHT
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

yeah thanks guys! i ended up buying a double din for the car

Comment

If you change the deck. Generaly the speaker's have to be changde to. As stock decks put out about 15 watt and after market put out 50 w per speaker.. So be prepared to change them!!!
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Not really karl, me n itrboy have same car.. All i did was change hu and the oem speakers perform quite well... All dc5 sound systems arr shit as, therrs no bass, i get decent bass now.. Ton i reckon install headunit n see how u go!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

yyeah im not after a hecticcccc sound system just want some decent bass just a upgrade from the stock sound system and most people seem to just change the head unit and run a a sub and amp off that and it seems to sound pretty ok! having said that i did manage to get my hands on a pair of front splits so guess i am going to be upgrading my front speakers too but i was lucky to get my front split, but im sure without them they still sound decent!

Comment

U havnt heard my gf's sound system hey tom? She has aftermarket hu and sub and very decent monoblock amp.. Her system is good, only thing in my putting off sound system is theres no where to hide amp. I want it under seat, but not much room. Im just going to keave it as it, as if i did it properly, i'll get amp n decent front splits n dynamat the shit out of the doors.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

haha nuhh i havent! im looking forward to listening to the improvement on mine hehe

Comment

Fair enough.. LOL when i brought my car it had a after market deck and stock speaker's... The shitty cardboard cone they uses was broken off.. Each to there own i guess. I used to install sound system before heaps i always recommend advengely getting the speakers changed as they don't last long.. I rivited my amp to the back of the back sit. and ran cable under the carpet. Check out " My DC2 R with JDM conversion " page two and see what ive done... Also im selling Kicker DS200.2 there 6 inch and splitter's if you intested!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X