Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whistling noise>

i get this strange whistling noise sorta lil a mini kettle ahah
    wen i accelerate on my itr. any idea wat it is?
    some1 suggested air filter to me but ive yet to have time to check it out
    anything else? thanks

some1 suggested air filter to me but ive yet to have time to check it out anything else?
    Guess thats the 1st place to start then mate
    Just along for the ride

Comment

If you have an open air filter especially CAI, you ITR will make that whistle noise, it’s a common with these cars.

Comment

it's a hidden tarboooo!!

does the pitch increase as you accelerate? Approximately which area of the car is it coming from? engine? inside the car?
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Definately air intake. Is it aftermarket. Mine does it too, with a Spoon filter and A/C pipng to front! I tell people it's tur-broed VTAK

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

I get a whistling noise from my apexi power intake.
            Its become like 10x more obvious since I took the top of my airbox cover off
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

erm its stock
              onli happens on light throttle aplication
              n i duno where its coming from

Comment

hav you taken the airbox cover off?? have a look in the airbox... if you only just bought the car.. you might get a suprise.

also have a look if some sort of ghetto CIA has been made... or if the stock airbox has been hacked up (big holes on the underside of the airbox).

if you take the top of the airbox off you'll be able to kill two birds with one stone
                1. you'll see if its a stock filter or moded
                2. you'll see if the stock airbox has been hacked (may have to remove filter)

the noise dosn't get louder at higher revs...... car might have a vtec controller tuned to kick in a low revs

Comment

You might have a turbo LOL

Yer that helps no-one
                  Edit: Maybe someone might have put a "turbonator" in it
                  Last edited by Page; 18-11-06, 03:59 PM.
                  F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

or might be a leak in the input pipes........just go through all the screws and nuts to make sure.
                    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

if its the stock intake it'll be the black rubber hose with the spring rings holding it in place, that thing is pretty hard to puncture I think.

When I dropped my paper filter back in with the box on I was still getting it.
                      I think its pretty normal but I can't actually tell without hearing it for myself.
                      Listen for it carefully and if the sound is coming from straight in front of u then its definately the intake.
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

opend the airbox up 2day
                        the filter wasnt even connected - it fell off =\
                        then i saw all this stuff over where it connects
                        like the previous owner used a sealer to try to keep it in place or sumfn
                        complete mess had to clean it up and connect evrything back up.

its runs better now
                        but the sound is still there if not worse - ill buy a replacememnt air filter on monday... recommends?
                        hows k&n?

Comment

Buy my Spoon one... then take out ur front resignator thingy, and duct A/C piping down to the front! $220 for the lot! I got the A/C piping aswell! Amazing gains :P

Filter near brand new... only 3800km's used.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

naa... thx anyway

Comment

hehehe. Okay!

Comment

Working...
                              X