Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R: Drivers power window stopped working

anyone else had this happen?
    i've taken a quick look, fuses r ok, window motor looks to be very hot so guessing its screwed.. anyone?
    the other window is ok..

Not too sure if it may be the same problem but mine plays up at times (driver side only) just a dodgey window switch where i have to flick it up and down at times as it get jammed going up.
    You can here the motor still trying to pushing up when its closed all the way up.

Comment

Yeah the switch can be a bit dicky at times but in my case, it defaults to going down until it hits the auto cutoff... Just tempremental giving the door trim around the switch a bit of a thump and then it comes good, able to wind up..

Only happens rarely and more interestingly, is harder only when the window is fully down. Otherwise hardly ever gets stuck..

If the motor is hot it indicates the window is trying to move up/down -- Make sure there are no wires or otherwise that have shifted blocking the path of motion. Could be a blown motor as well, as this will cause it to get hot. Easy check is to swap with the Passenger motor to verify.

Comment

mine is stuck up, seems like it might be trying to push up
        replace the motor seems like an absolute pain, its inside the door, between sheet metal, cant even see it.. not sure how your supposed to tackle the problem actually.. very tempted to take to a shop for them to do it

will try giving it a few thumps.. thanks for that idea, its worth a try

Comment

If the motor getting really hot it can be either two thing's.. A short in the winding of the motor. Meaning replace it!!!!! Or the window is stuck and the motor is applying force but the window wont budge. If u keep trying to put it up and down when stuck you'll burn the motor out. Best bet Take door trim off. Check to see nothing inflicting with the window, and the rails and rubber's all in the right place. Check how other door looks to compare. If all looks good. Apply direct 13 volts to the motor. If it works then the power window module is shitted it self. If not its the window motor ( or actuator ).. It is very difficult to change. You need the right tools. Best bet diagnose the problem and get quotes to fix it. And take to them with door trim off. To ensure you can see all work done when picking car up.
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Bump. I'm looking to buy a DC2R with a driver window that isn't working. The current owner said its the driver window switch that is broken. Costing around $80 for the switch?? Just wondering if the cost would be more if it wasn't the switch that is faulty. Also how much would labour cost for the switch to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by KING View Post
              Bump. I'm looking to buy a DC2R with a driver window that isn't working. The current owner said its the driver window switch that is broken. Costing around $80 for the switch?? Just wondering if the cost would be more if it wasn't the switch that is faulty. Also how much would labour cost for the switch to be replaced.
              The switch could be cheaper if you buy a working second hand one.

Labour is free as you can easily DIY.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Oh ok thanks! The seller backed out of sale on the day I was going to look at it. He said he wanted to keep it...

Comment

Working...
                X