Identify the noise DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify the noise DC5R

Hey all, just something thats been bugging me for a while now.
    When I drive up a small or large hill (40-60kmph) and labour the motor a little in 4th or 3rd gear a noticable sound comes from the engine bay/front end somewhere.

To describe the sound it would be; tickity tickity tickity tickity
    It's not overy loud but noticable never the less.

Any ideas.
    Just along for the ride

this is a very common rattle prob with DC5R. i have posted this before in ClubRSX but i guess everything got pruned over there.. anyways, heres something that might be able to help u... goodluck.

NBGP DC5R

Comment

i might turn my music down for a change and see if i have any rattles.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

sounds to me like pinging.
        JDMyard.com *brand new shop coming soon*

email us info@jdmyard.com , i do not check pm

Comment

I will back zi up on that one. Had the problem myself after a shit house tune

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            I will back zi up on that one. Had the problem myself after a shit house tune
            umm... just out of curiosity, who is in the know how now for tuning dc5r with hondata if ur from brisbane???

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
              umm... just out of curiosity, who is in the know how now for tuning dc5r with hondata if ur from brisbane???
              some of us drive down to sydney to have adrian (toda racing) tune it. but try evatec on this forum. he is a new hondata distributor.
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Yeah thanks for the info guys, it definatly not the clutch line.
                I hope its not pinging
                Remember it only makes this sound when in low revs 2000-3000rpm going up an incline.
                Just along for the ride

Comment

Call vincinct he is the new tuning guru, got 120kw atw out of a completely stock DC5R....

Can tune k100 and k pro
                  NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by Cracker View Post
                    Yeah thanks for the info guys, it definatly not the clutch line.
                    I hope its not pinging
                    Remember it only makes this sound when in low revs 2000-3000rpm going up an incline.
                    That is generally when pinging will happen, when your engine is under load.

What mods are done to the car?

Comment

sorry to go off topic...but what is pinging?

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
                        Tune it yourself, there are a wealth of resources on web and on the Hondata USA website.

Hondata Training Videos
                        Conrad's Advance Tuning based on the videos
                        K-Pro: How to identify and get rid of knock
                        K-Pro: How to adjust fuel
                        Hondata KPRO Forum
                        ClubRSX ECU & ELECTRONICS Forum
                        Last edited by Vincent; 16-11-06, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah I think Z10's on the money! I tested it out today a bit more.
                          I am using a K&N SRI atm which may be producing too much heat?

I quote from some website

What Causes Knocking and Pinging?

Knocking sounds like someone repeatedly rapping the engine with a hammer, and the quieter pinging resembles marbles being shaken inside a tin can. Knocking and pinging are actually symptoms of abnormal combustion in an engine, mostly heard when it is under heavier load, during acceleration as opposed to cruising. What causes abnormal combustion? Many things — some of them avoidable and some of them not, but the common solution to almost all of them is fuel with a higher octane rating...
                          Just along for the ride

Comment

though tat just for kpro...does we really can tuned our k100 for ourself ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cracker View Post
                              Yeah I think Z10's on the money! I tested it out today a bit more.
                              I am using a K&N SRI atm which may be producing too much heat?
                              Ding ding ding we have a winner. When i had my K & N SRI on the car would constantly ping causing me alot of greif. Take it off and get a mugen or injen intake (this statement wasnt intended to start a fight which one is better ok guys!)

Comment

Working...
                              X