Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5 exhaust question - searched but no results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 exhaust question - searched but no results.

I have been searching this for awhile through ozhonda/clubitr/clubrsx.

First of all i want the car to sound stock, so I will be keeping the muffler as it is.

I want to upgrade to an aftermarket extractor (header), which is connected to a high flow cat ? then onto the B-pipe? then connected to the muffler?.
    [Is this how the exhaust system follows from the extractors?]

My question is; can I just buy lets say Toda extractors/ High Flow Cat/ Thicker B-Pipe, whilst it is connected to the OEM muffler?

This is probably stupid but meh, cannot find what i want from google.

yes u can.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

thanks didz

Comment

I'd reccomend Haks from Northmead Perofrmance Exhaust, also Westside muffers is also a decent fab. shop dude.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Is the JDM muffler different to AUDM? I know the JDM had some mechanism which opened it up when vtec engaged. If it is different and you want stock sound, get that one. Otherwise, a DC2 mugen twinloop can fit the dc5 if the exhaust shop knows what they're doing and the dc2 twin loop is not loud at all.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Honestly if you are going to keep to a OEM cat back exhaust its pretty pointless getting an aftermarket header/high flow cat.

Also aftermarket headers usually make you exhaust note bassier and hence will change your exhaust note even if you are using an OEM cat back.

Comment

i would get the headers/cat and find a quite aftermarket exhaust, like a twinloop or a fujitsubo powergetter or legalis R... otherwise your headers will just be a huge waste of cash
              3TripleZero

Comment

I wouldnt rate the powergetter quiet, you mean RM01A?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                  Honestly if you are going to keep to a OEM cat back exhaust its pretty pointless getting an aftermarket header/high flow cat.

Also aftermarket headers usually make you exhaust note bassier and hence will change your exhaust note even if you are using an OEM cat back.
                  tend to disagree on teh first point..on our cars the catback doesnt make much difference power wise. on dyno there wasnt much difference changign cat back until i changed to toda racing header.

agree on the second point tho, will definitely change the note of the exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    I wouldnt rate the powergetter quiet, you mean RM01A?
                    my PG aint so quiet , for quiet exhausts id try twinloop or rm01A. A stock axleback will only negate the benefits of a wider bpipe.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                      my PG aint so quiet , for quiet exhausts id try twinloop or rm01A. A stock axleback will only negate the benefits of a wider bpipe.
                      Yeah,m thats what I meant Stevan. I remember racing Will in the lane cove tunnel.

To clear things up, the powergetter falls into the cateogory of the louder exhausts when throttle is given.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Working...
                      X