whining noise - DC2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCE View Post
    How much "louder" than stock is your car?

You probably wont be able to hear it.

Cambo and I both have the Toda/Exedy combo in an ITR gear box and both cars make the exact same noise described under high-rpm de-acceleration.
    my car is actually very quiet.

if you could expalin how a flywheel or clutch can make a buzzing noise - i am all ears.

i HAD a "buzzing" noise a certain RPM - it was just the flywheel cover missing one bolt... and another time it was the header bracket, which had a hairline crack in it.

also - please refer to zilli's first few posts, his noise does NOT present under "under high-rpm de-acceleration" rather it presents under "very light throttle applications, whens speeding up or overrun"
    ... retired/

Comment

I was not referring to Zilli's first post, but however post # 18 where he described the noise as being present after "getting of the gas".

The noise was not there in Freakygeeks car before installation of the clutch/flywheel, therefore obviously it is caused somehow and in someway by the parts that were added.

"How" does it create the noise? Don't know, but it is present and can only be attributed to the clutch/flywheel.

Comment

My after market clutch and fly are also quite the noisy!
        I have another buzzing noise at some RPM's, and it's just the muffler hitting the rear bar slightly. Another buzzing that I had... was when I blew my mid resignator on my Buddy club Cat back. That sounded like it was coming from the engine bay,gearbox region. but infact was my resignator. My mate recently had a muffler installed, and now his center pipe if hitting the chassis making a buzzing noise on deceleration, and slightly on the gas at certain RPM's. All these noises sounded like they were coming from the engine/gearbox regions.

I only posted this to eliminate any exhaust problems, which many people do ignore. Not saying this is the problem... but it's worth a look. Because I overlooked it at time... thinking it was something much more serious.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Guys, thanks a lot for your input

i had actually read somewhere else that the clutch and fly combo sometimes will make a buzzing sound.

Im sorry to misinform earlier, but it does also make it in high revs, when slowing down for a ccorner for example. EG at wakefield as i was slowwing down for a corner it was making this buzzing whiny kinda sound as i was slowing down from high speed and revs.

The car is otherwise standard guys, it has an Injen but as you know that will only make noise on throttle, wheras im hearing the noise on overrun

my plan as soon as i get a chance

1) Check and replace gearbox oil
          2) out the car up on stands and check all mounting points of exhaust and motor

I havent put but 50km on the car in the last 3 weeks so its not really getting driven, and ive been WAY too busy of late, hopefully i can do it this sunday

Comment

after extensive testing last night, i noticed:

my car is quiet.
            my car makes a whooshing kinda noise that sounds like air rushing past some thing under acceleration which is load dependent.
            my car makes a high pitched spinning sound on deceleration
            my car makes a fluttering sound at low RPM under load

JCE - after thinking about it, there are many holes in the flywheel and the clutch cover bolts protrude about 10mm, this may casue a disturbance of air that creates a noise that relates to either ofthe 'air related' noises in my car.

i thought that this was either my headers or air intake, but *could* also be the aerodynamics of the perforated Toda flywheel...

maybe?
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
              I only posted this to eliminate any exhaust problems, which many people do ignore. Not saying this is the problem... but it's worth a look. Because I overlooked it at time... thinking it was something much more serious.
              good input
              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
              X